+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Csaba laszlo out now

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    ...worrying if Chairman is waiting to not get promoted rather than pay cost of paying off and giving us a chance this season

Kind of penny pinching that is not going to help the club long term
    Depends how much we're talking. Obviously I want us up as soon as possible but overstretching ourselves financially probably isn't the best idea.

We need to get our losses down.

We also need to get our income levels up.

I stand by my belief that the players are the problem and need to pay the price.

I don't want us becoming a further laughing stock by changing managers as often as we do.

Give him pre-season and start from scratch.

This season is and always has been a write off.

We are crying out for stability.

The players are charlatans.

The fans should be protesting against the players imo.
    Last edited by PortugueseFrank; 28-03-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    We need to get our losses down.

We also need to get our income levels up.

I stand by my belief that the players are the problem and need to pay the price.

I don't want us becoming a further laughing stock by changing managers as often as we do.

Give him pre-season and start from scratch.

This season is and always has been a write off.

We are crying out for stability.

The players are charlatans.

The fans should be protesting against the players imo.
    Agree. I don't understand why anyone thinks that these charlatans will give any more for another manager.

They did do better in the past under Ray and Laurie Ellis

This season is not a write off yet.

We have loads of winnable matches. Dumbarton x 2 and Brechin.

Once in the play offs we have a chance especially if second. Livi on last day let’s us leapfrog them if we can be 2 points or less behind them coming into last day

I think we are becoming more of a laughing stock with Csaba in charge, the nonsense he comes out with and the results and performances we are putting in.

Like with levein if we find a good manager things can click and we won’t need to be looking for another manager for a long while.

I don’t know what Csaba is on but let’s say it’s about £100k.

How many season ticket sales would that be - maybe 500.

We’d sell that if we had a bit more hope and obviosuly would if in the premier league.

Would you pay that to have a better chance of beating Dundee if we end up with them in a play off final to decide which team is in the higher league or would you want Csaba in charge???

Levein still had to and did turnover the squad.

It's never a guarantee that you get the new manager bounce and with this bunch of absolute ****ebags I doubt Sir Alex could turn them around.

The players are the problem on the footballing side.

We need to unite against these wage thief saboteurs.

They dive bombed Ray and are dive bombing Csaba because they don't give a **** and take what they have for granted.

The players are taking the absolute piss out of United fans because the blame is directed at the manager.

Ray will tell you that the players gave up on him. They think they are ****ing bulletproof.

The players are the issue on the football front.
    Last edited by PortugueseFrank; 28-03-2018 at 11:46 PM.

Totally agree Frank. The squad needs gutted from top to bottom and the mercenary ****eb@gs got rid of for players who actually give a flying phuck and are prepared to work hard for each other and the manager.

In my opinion, it's the players fault. No point in wasting a barrowload of cash paying off Csaba and recruiting another bloke to work with the same bunch of players.

I doubt there would be much interest in the manager's job at DUFC at this point in time.

Forget the play-offs guys. Even if we manage to get into them, our team would likely fall at the first hurdle, let alone reach the play off final.

If anyone is to go on 'gardening leave' it should be the 1st team. Tell them no' to bother coming in to Tannadice anymore and to look for a gig elsewhere. Let Csaba work with the under 20s til the end of season. Get the scouts out there identifying young talent for next year. Top of the list of 'attributes required' in order to play for DUFC has to be PMA, and a desire to help DUFC get back to the top end of Scottish football. Any prospective player that talks about us being a 'stepping stone' can go find a stepping stone elsewhere. It's a team game, so we want players who want to be part of something bigger. Get them all living locally again. Build that team ethic. Our name is 'United' and we need a team that reflects that.

Disappointing that people want to give up on this season. What kind of attitude is that when we are in the play offs at the moment. We don’t need to worry about recruiting as we know Ellis there to take team to end of season.

It’s like being in a car with no brakes but for the sake of a few quid in fixing it we are going to be left careering towards a car crash

There are a couple of factors at play.

1. The players: Yes they are underperforming, but take away Laszlos signings and this is a group of players who were capable of being top of the league and have been in in the playoff spots all season long.

I think our players, believe it or not, suffer from being massively overrated - there was a real opinion on here and other forums as well as within a lot of media outlets that we had the quality to utterly skoosh this league at a relative canter. That built up expectation levels on a group of players who, quite frankly, are no better than average for the most part.

Take for example our marquee signings who were heralded as players who could be playing top flight but chose us -

Scott McDonald as a main striker - a 34 year old (35 this year) player who had not actually played up front for 3 seasons as it was widely acknowledged his legs had gone a bit and he was better playing in the hole. He was part of a Motherwell side who could easily have gone down last season and they were only willing to keep him as a squad player. He's shown this season why he wasn't playing up front and looks every bit an expensive mistake for me.

James Keatings - Dictionary definition of a Championship striker (albeit a decent one) but signed for a team who play 1 up top with McDonald essentially guaranteed games. This led to him missing games and had horrendous luck with injuries but never a Prem striker, hence why he's only ever played 4 matches (0 goals) at that level.

Fraser Fyvie - A busted flush with known injury problems now playing his 4th consecutive season of Championship football. Quelle surprise he's been very good when he's fit, which, unsurprisingly, is not very often. He's essentially a younger, less fit, slightly better Willo Flood - a player incidentally who is also completely past it.

Tam Scobbie - OYF - A utility/squad defender from one of the most limited (ability wise) teams in the top flight. Slower than a week in jail, terrible decision making and physically weak (for a defender) - we were the only club guaranteeing him Prem level money and a start.

When that's your marquee signings, that's when you ken. We also have a plethora of players who have proven this is their level - King, Durnan, Toshney, Murdoch, Paul "****ing" Quinn, Fraser - all mediocre at this level - neither will ever play above this level again (unless we go up and stupidly keep them on) with possibly the exception of Fraser but IMO he won't ever be a long term top flight player plus a batch of unknowns or players who were unknown/inexperienced at this level who have turned out to be ****e - Lewis, Robson, Edge, McMullan, Deniz - the list goes on.

you can then add in Laszlos signings who sign but don't play and factior in that this is a team built by essentially 2 of the worst managers we've had in years in McKinnon and Laszlo and it's not hard to see where we are going wrong.

I honestly believe that looking at our squad and then looking at the top 4 in this league (a level we should always be achieving) and I'm struggling to see the majority of our players getting a game at those clubs.

Durnan, Fyvie, Fraser and potentially Skippy and that is honestly it.

****ebags.

2 -the manager - OYF - where do you start. A rambling bumbling simpleton with no cohesive plan. I honestly can't make a case for him in any way - ****e players or not his job is to maximise what he gets out of them. I acknowledge our squad is top 5 Championship level, but that means we should win some games - he wins no games. He has been outperformed by Ray McKinnon FFS.

This season is a write off so if these rumours of break clauses etc are true (I've only seen wild speculation) let him run the team into he ground this season and appoint someone immediately after the final game of the season.

If we bin Shabba now it will cost us money we patently do not have and will only give the incoming managr the ****e of the rest of this season to tarnish his reputation until he can get his own players in.

I've completely lost interest this season and I won't be back until it's over.

While the players must take a fair share of the blame, a lot of them have played well for us at times and for other clubs too. They are clearly not playing to their full potential.

Whether we like it or not, the Jim McLean days are over and the modern football player needs managed in a different way to get the best out of them. The overwhelming evidence is that Csaba cannot do this.

So my question for all the posters wanting to keep Csaba - What has he done at our club to make you think that he is a good manager?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)