+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for Czaba

Replacement for Czaba

More or less unanimous that the support want Czaba to go.
    So the question is who could replace him.
    Presumably it would have to be in house or somebody unemployed.
    Would Hughes be interested after being knocked back. ? Do we want him anyway?
    McCall - wasn’t interested before.
    Neilson - would he be interested? Could we afford him if he was.
    Hopkins - would be compensation probably. Doubt if we would pay.
    Logic would suggest giving the job to Ellis with Sturrock in some kind of mentoring role until the end of season.
    Most of us have given up on promotion anyway so no pressure on Ellis to achieve that.
    If MM doesn’t act then his credibility which isn’t much anyway will be even lower.

Ellis until the end of the season.

Stuart McCall would be my first choice.

The further United sink, the less income coming through the gates, hospitality and sponsorship etc.

Financially, United can't afford to slip any further - maybe need to bring in a proven football troubleshooter who can sort this mess out from the top to the bottom.

Sacking Shabs just now could cost the Club a lot of money. On paper United can still get promoted this season. There is some talk of there being a non-promotion punting clause in the Shab's contract. If this is the case then the Club can only punt Shabs without financial 'penalty,' once promotion is no longer possible. We might have to just run with things until that position is reached? Maybe this explains the recent recruiting of 'Aural Members' to the coaching staff and possibly his temporary taking the reins until the future is decided?

What a Shabolic situation.

I'm in a tiny minority but I think he should stay and be allowed to build a team. To say this seems unlikely at the moment is a bit of an understatement. ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'm in a tiny minority but I think he should stay and be allowed to build a team. To say this seems unlikely at the moment is a bit of an understatement. ☹️

Trebs, for reasons I've tried to explain in the past, I was in full agreement with you. However, we have a 'time' versus 'unrest and fast reducing income' situation to contend with. My fear with the latter is that it by and large promotes (wrong word - sorry) a cycle of what we have endured since Jackie's days. The Titanic deckchair situation in the Boardroom does not help matters. It is allowing ST to slink away from his responsibilities yet still influence things with the puppet strings. I'm teetering on the collapse and rebuild frame of mind.

Robbie Nielson.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Trebs, for reasons I've tried to explain in the past, I was in full agreement with you. However, we have a 'time' versus 'unrest and fast reducing income' situation to contend with. My fear with the latter is that it by and large promotes (wrong word - sorry) a cycle of what we have endured since Jackie's days. The Titanic deckchair situation in the Boardroom does not help matters. It is allowing ST to slink away from his responsibilities yet still influence things with the puppet strings. I'm teetering on the collapse and rebuild frame of mind.
    The current run is exactly why I said we need a very strong board of directors. We'll find out now if this is the case.

The current run is exactly why I said we need a very strong board of directors. We'll find out now if this is the case.
    I’m all for backing managers but to do that you need the right manager.

Csaba has shown himself poor in

1. motivating players
    2. Organising players
    3. Picking the right players
    4. Recruiting decent players

He talks utter nonsense.

He talks without thinking sometimes I fear. His criticism of MOM Bilel on Saturday will only lead to problems for the player and him being picked on by the media and referees

Sadly the guy is a disaster area and disaster for the club

I think it's a combination of too many many players not buying in to what he want to do and them not being very good or reliable. This is something he can resolve but it definitely needs quite a bit of time.

I think it's a combination of too many many players not buying in to what he want to do and them not being very good or reliable. This is something he can resolve but it definitely needs quite a bit of time.
    As with every league in the world, no manager will ever get the time they would like, it is a results business and his results are truly woeful and when you look at the dross served up by the players as well....he has no future at Tannadice.

It might be different if the team even looked like they were trying, but the majority of them don't appear to give a flying f**k

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)