+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: With St George's Day.......

With St George's Day.......

............. less than a month away I started to think of the St. George's Cross and places I had seen it. Which ones had been limp or impressive. One stands out for me, head and shoulders above the rest. The picture is posted below and needs no further explanation I believe................

Name:  2014-010.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  60.3 KB

The photo was taken in the Neptune BTW.

Well at your age, I guess, you need the memories.
    Honestly to me our rivalry is fake or even pathetic.

Both clubs long past their halcyon days. Both clubs entrenched in the lower division. What good is a rivalry when both are bywords for also-rans.
    A rivalry should spur each other. Look at Spurs and Arsenal. Look at Cardiff and Swansea. I mean even Newcastle, Sunderland and Boro had their rivalry going for many a year in the top flight.

The best thing for this rivalry is for both to be in the top flight. A step below that is for 1 to get promoted spurring the other to join them. While we both enjoy the game of one-upmanship, look where Leicester, Stoke and now Wolves with Villa a probability.
    Yeah so you won 5-0, but did you go up? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Well at your age, I guess, you need the memories.
    Honestly to me our rivalry is fake or even pathetic.

Both clubs long past their halcyon days. Both clubs entrenched in the lower division. What good is a rivalry when both are bywords for also-rans.
    A rivalry should spur each other. Look at Spurs and Arsenal. Look at Cardiff and Swansea. I mean even Newcastle, Sunderland and Boro had their rivalry going for many a year in the top flight.

The best thing for this rivalry is for both to be in the top flight. A step below that is for 1 to get promoted spurring the other to join them. While we both enjoy the game of one-upmanship, look where Leicester, Stoke and now Wolves with Villa a probability.
    Yeah so you won 5-0, but did you go up? No.

So...still not quite over it yet then Rom.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So...still not quite over it yet then Rom.
    No, it makes no difference, a win is a win, a loss is a loss. But since you asked, actually, it was a positive result, because we finally got rid of the Little Dwarf after the match.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)