+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Next season

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    The point being that fella me lad.lol #OMGlet’sbowdowntohislogic has been lauding Burnley as the holy grail. The observation was that if you look at their win percentage ours is identical so hence they are not winning masses more games but simply that they are in a league that we have the same win ratio that in another league would have us much higher in the league. QED either Burnley are not the shining goal being portrayed and/or Leeds are not as apocalyptically bad as #.lol would have you believe.
    stop talking bollux lol , burnley are 7th in the premier league , thats right the premier league , a league that this club as not been in for four**** years . you must be related to clive , dumb and dumber . lol

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    The point being that fella me lad.lol #OMGlet’sbowdowntohislogic has been lauding Burnley as the holy grail. The observation was that if you look at their win percentage ours is identical so hence they are not winning masses more games but simply that they are in a league that we have the same win ratio that in another league would have us much higher in the league. QED either Burnley are not the shining goal being portrayed and/or Leeds are not as apocalyptically bad as #.lol would have you believe.
    What he said

Don't think you can compare Burnley and Leeds win ratio until they are both in the same league.. Playing city,Utd,Liverpool etc is a bit different than playing Hull,Barnsley and Birmingham.. When you get to the promised land you can start comparing..

Tbh Alf, I used the win percentage to highlight the perception of supportors view of league position and performance.

It seems as long as you are in the Prem and winning 1 in 3, then that's okay because you are playing the so called Big teams. Yet Leeds, who are just about getting on an even keel financially, competing with Billionaire owners and massive parachute payments, a win ratio of 37% is not acceptable as there are 13 teams above us.

An earlier post stated that I was saying 14th was positive - well I didn't say that or suggest that, we are in an ultra competitive league and this season we did flatter to deceive. I want us promoted but I am not going to pull the club apart because things didn't work out this year, there is lots of promising signs around the club and plenty to look forward too.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Tbh Alf, I used the win percentage to highlight the perception of supportors view of league position and performance.

It seems as long as you are in the Prem and winning 1 in 3, then that's okay because you are playing the so called Big teams. Yet Leeds, who are just about getting on an even keel financially, competing with Billionaire owners and massive parachute payments, a win ratio of 37% is not acceptable as there are 13 teams above us.

An earlier post stated that I was saying 14th was positive - well I didn't say that or suggest that, we are in an ultra competitive league and this season we did flatter to deceive. I want us promoted but I am not going to pull the club apart because things didn't work out this year, there is lots of promising signs around the club and plenty to look forward too.
    Fair enough mate.. Can't argue with that..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Fair enough mate.. Can't argue with that..

To further her reinforce the point arsenal in 6th have won 14 out of 30 or only 46.67% of their games or slight.y less than 1 win every two games.

Or Boro 18 out of 38 or 47% in 6th - only 4 wins more than us.

It could be worse mate, you could support Brechin.

P W D L F A GD PTS
    29 0 4 25 19 65 -46 4
    Last edited by davee59; 25-03-2018 at 08:40 PM.

Wow, very big of you marley to bring me Into your crappy squabble, throwing insults and name calling, putting it all on a screen for all to see, here's the thing though, I ain't like you, I don't drop myself to such a low level, despite this though, you can shove all your on screen insults towards me right up your rear end!

Tarrar for now me old chum!

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Wow, very big of you marley to bring me Into your crappy squabble, throwing insults and name calling, putting it all on a screen for all to see, here's the thing though, I ain't like you, I don't drop myself to such a low level, despite this though, you can shove all your on screen insults towards me right up your rear end!

Tarrar for now me old chum!

Take no notice Clive......he's just a phony. He wants bites that's all, just ignore and avoid his boring posts.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)