+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Gender and Sport

But Andy, a female jockey who excels will get the same bonus and pay as a male jockey.
    That's the thing, spectator sport.

Unless female footy, rugby, cricket can excite the masses like their male counter-parts, the gap will exist monetarily. And in today's sport, without money, you won't go far.

Womens sport isn't worth the time of day,, The quality is shockingly bad, and if they think for one minute they can compete against the men they are living in cloud coo coo land. Men would simply bash straight through them, men are for more competitive than women,, I love hearing 3rd wave feminists rant that there should be more mixed teams,, but they aren't putting themselves out to be chosen are they?,, men naturally would kill women in an competitive combat,, all fine and dandy competing in an office/working environment, women have the advantage of softening the male boss up,, as we know men love a bit of thigh. but please,, save you time trying to compete with men on the battle field, feminists.

Let the women golfers compete against the men and see what happens. The only sport I can think off where women CAN compete with the men is maybe horse racing, and I only really use handicaps as an argument tbh, group races off level weights and men are destroying them. but don't let that stop the 3rd wave feminists from spewing their s***.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Driving - strength may well be the reason. Battling those high G forces takes a lot of strength and stamina, especially in F1. Even in rally driving where there have been a lot of female drivers, they haven't been able to usurp the male drivers.
    Not true. IMO one of the top ten sportwomen of all time, Michelle Mouton, contested as an equal in the World Rally Championship in the early 80's competing for Audi in the frankly dangerous and certainly nuts Group B era. She won four rallies outright, came second in the 1982 championship and neither gave nor received any quarter from fellow drivers. She is still highly regarded in motorsport and I think she was awarded the Legion d'Honeure

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Womens sport isn't worth the time of day,, The quality is shockingly bad, and if they think for one minute they can compete against the men they are living in cloud coo coo land. Men would simply bash straight through them, men are for more competitive than women,, I love hearing 3rd wave feminists rant that there should be more mixed teams,, but they aren't putting themselves out to be chosen are they?,, men naturally would kill women in an competitive combat,, all fine and dandy competing in an office/working environment, women have the advantage of softening the male boss up,, as we know men love a bit of thigh. but please,, save you time trying to compete with men on the battle field, feminists.

Let the women golfers compete against the men and see what happens. The only sport I can think off where women CAN compete with the men is maybe horse racing, and I only really use handicaps as an argument tbh, group races off level weights and men are destroying them. but don't let that stop the 3rd wave feminists from spewing their s***.
    Their was this argument in tennis. Men of course play best of 5 in Slams, while women play 3.
    However I give them that, although they can never compete against the men in tennis, their application is just as telling. 3 is the maximum they can go in a 2 week long tourney. The quality is good, so fair enough, they get the same rewards.

The same for swimming, diving, athletics. The high quality and application does justify equal rewards.
    But the same cannot be said for women's football. There's this gal, Stephanie Labbe , a goalie with the Canadian national team, who's now trying out for a 3rd division team - Calgary Foothills FC. She admits, there's a huge difference in the game. In a women's game, the pace is slower, in the men's game, the shots and passes come way quicker.
    So maybe there is a route, but only in certain positions, goalkeeper and just maybe a striker. But they have to be as good as the men. I don't think there is a rule in football forbidding a woman on a men's team, but to do this, they really have to bulk up and be as fit and strong as the guys. Until then, it's just supposition.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘pastime sports’ as darts, snooker and shooting.
    What do you mean 'pastime' sports? these are just sports

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    What do you mean 'pastime' sports? these are just sports
    I don't think darts qualifies as 'sport' it's akin to chess.

Snooker yes and obviously shooting is an Olympic sport. I think certain winter sports, the gap between the 2 ***es isn't very great. But mainly on an individual basis, not team sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    I don't think darts qualifies as 'sport' it's akin to chess.
    What? thats just ********

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post

Of course all sports where strength is key will be male dominated because the ‘best’ men are stronger than the ‘best’ women so sports such as football, rugby, cricket, basketball, athletics, rowing, boxing, tennis, weight lifting etc will continue to be dominated by men and if you want to see the ‘best’ go and see the male version.
    Having said that, your suggestion that ‘women’s sport isn’t worth the time of day’ is utter tripe and the quality isn’t ‘shockingly bad’ at all, it’s just relative. Using your logic the quality of all football outside the Premiership is ‘shockingly bad’ because it isn’t the best but that simply isn’t true.
    The question was however...are there sports which are currently male dominated i.e. ‘pastime sports’, horse riding and car racing where the barrier is cultural rather than physical?

P.S. Darts is about as ‘akin to chess’ as DCFCA is to a feminist.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 24-03-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    What? thats just ********
    No, calling a darts player a sportsman, now that's bull****.

Using footy as an example, and only because I sometimes watch local non-league teams, I think Mickleover Sports would comfortably beat the female England National team. Mind you, they could give some of the male 11s seen recently a run for their money

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)