+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Disappointing American Food

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Good points CT. Also Sprouts and Wholefoods are great and we have Publix down here too

If you want junk food, it's here.
    If you want healthy food, it's here.
    If you want MacDonalds, they are here.
    If you want decent restaurants, with reasonable prices, they are here.
    If you want gourmet restaurants, they are here.

Not sure what Animal's getting at.
    Sota, what animal is getting at is quite easy. He represents a tendency among "lefty" Brits who have benefitted from Western Democracy and the political and military support of the USA since 1941 but inexplicably hate America while loving the appalling totalitarian Russians.

Everybody needs to have pubix down there 😜

I'm at that age when I'd rather have a weetabix

Got it Monty, cheers for that.

When we moan about U.S. food we should spare a thought for poor old Elvis Presley, the so-called 'King of Rock and Roll'. E.P. was fed cornbread and weeds (Vernon and Gladys told him they were vegetables) on a daily basis and if a neighbour had recently shot a squirrel then that went on his plate too. The squirrel was skinned, dipped in flour and then dropped into a pan of boiling water. How yummy is that?

When the money rolled in, Elvis took to eating sandwiches, two slices of bread smeared with peanut butter, a banana filling and then into a hot frying pan laced with lard until they were almost black. Eventually he graduated to giant cheeseburgers and often sat down to a plate of 20 or so. However, E.P. was proud of his heritage and was regularly found tucking into bullet-ridden rabbits and squirrels.

Elvis didn't go out to restaurants as some say he couldn't use a knife and fork. Well he couldn't play the guitar but that didn't stop him pretending to whilst Scotty Moore did all the licks. Mmmmmmmlicks. The King's favourite pastime. Not surprisingly Elvis died on the can with an engorged colon. When the colon finally exploded one day Elvis was so taken aback that he had a massive heart attack at age 42. A great man and role model wrapped into one giant....

I actually cooked that once; fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches, half of one was nice but then the sickliness hit.

Interesting stuff Mr Z. Also, as you well know, his home Graceland is in a fairly poor part of town and sticks out like a sore thumb. I think that behind all the circus that surrounded him was a very ordinary fella.

I was actually shocked at the poor quality of american chocolate..i tried a tootsie roll and it was like eating brown plasticine..and hersheys chocolate reminds me of chocolate laxative that i once had as a kid..

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    I was actually shocked at the poor quality of american chocolate..i tried a tootsie roll and it was like eating brown plasticine..and hersheys chocolate reminds me of chocolate laxative that i once had as a kid..
    Once they took over Cadbury they did the same to some of their products as well, Creme Eggs are no longer made with Dairy Milk chocolate but with cheaper ingredients.

But when you look at their sandwiches there's 3 or 4 times more meat in than we get in our sandwiches, don't really get it.

Depends on your definition of meat. The stuff they use in most sandwich shops is mainly water and only costs $2/lb so they can afford to pile it on. If you want real meat you will pay about the equivalent of 4.50 pounds for a half sandwich (1 slice of bread) so you would get a good sandwich in England for that price.

Hersheys chocolate is nasty and always the last to be eaten in the CA house. Tootsie rolls are toffee so thats why they would be bad chocolate

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast