+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Disappointing American Food

O/T Disappointing American Food

We watch the films and want to try the foods but;

1. Hershey chocolate tastes like vomit.

2. Twinkies are just small sponge cakes filled with disgusting chemical-tasting "cream".

3. Milk Duds - expensive Poppets.

4. Twizzlers - like strawberry liquorice with half the flavour removed.

5. Tootsie Roll - weird tasting toffee.

You're selling us a pup with this crap Hollywood.
    Last edited by great_fire; 24-03-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

2. Twinkies are just small sponge cakes filled with disgusting chemical-tasting "cream".

Yeah, I keep shoving that fizzy cola drink up my nose to “get high” but it’s not working

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

5. Tootsie Roll - weird tasting toffee.

Can't argue with any of that although the fact that you refer to them as food is a bit perturbing. To be a true American then please call them candy

I can't argue either, American foodstuff is about as good as their telly. Saw a sign outside a shop for chocolate covered bacon, says it all. Thank goodness for the Euro delis here

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Can't argue with any of that although the fact that you refer to them as food is a bit perturbing. To be a true American then please call them candy

Or survival food.

In World War 2 the Hershey company made a tropical variety of their famous bar to include in soldiers emergency rations that wouldn’t melt in hot climates.

By the end of World War II, almost 380,000,000 two ounce Tropical bars had been produced for the United States military.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I hadn't realised that.

The beer isn't that great either although you have all the craft beers now so that situation has improved.

Plus the sandwiches are huge!

Much better than those crappy things we get from Tesco in triangular cardboard and plastic boxes.

So it's swings and roundabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I can't argue either, American foodstuff is about as good as their telly. Saw a sign outside a shop for chocolate covered bacon, says it all. Thank goodness for the Euro delis here
    I much prefer American dramas to our PC ones stuffed with soap actors!

Did you know that Casualty beat Game of Thrones to be named best drama at the National Television Awards!

Lol no I didn’t. Try watching stuff like the olympics on US Telly. It’s so biased that I didn’t even realise any other countries were taking part 'til I switched to the Beeb.

Some of the beers here are brilliant, as good as anywhere. Dogfish Head 90 minute is my favourite, it's quite strong at 9%. The 120 minute version is a whopping 15% I think.
    Last edited by sota; 24-03-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Have been to the States many times over the years and have found most of the food appalling

Once people figure out America is the problem and not the solution then we can all sleep a tad more easier .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast