+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match ratings

Match ratings

I look forward to seeing what other put here...

Collin 4 The slowest keeper I have ever seen in my life, bad performance
    Tootle 6 the only player that actually tried today, had no out-ball all game
    Duffy 3 Dreadful performance from our "captain"... headless chicken for the most part
    Brisley 4 won one or 2 headers but looks beaten by anybody with any kind of pace
    Dickinson 3 Kick and run kind of player, nothing worked today, Jones should of started
    Hawkridge 2 Being very generous with the 2, one of the worst players I have seen in a Notts shirt in many years
    Hewitt 4 Tried hard but had a stinker... shocking miss in the first half summed it up
    Noble 3 did not even realize he was playing until he got subbed, a bad day at the office
    Grant 3 The guy has talent but went missing once again today
    Stead 4 Ran his heart out but delivery in to him was shocking
    Ameobi 3 Done nothing of note, tried to claim the goal which was one of his few contributions

Substitutes
    Alles... 3 ran around a lot but achieved nothing
    Virtue 3 Dont see what he brings to the team, at least tried to get stuck in
    Jones 5 Should of started, excellent ball in for our goal

A truly woeful performance and the players should be ashamed to collect their wages after that, KN can not defend that garbage, the team could not string 2 passes together which for a professional football team is baffling... Wycombe will destroy us next Friday if the players think that is acceptable...

And ... the manager 2 - massively overrated long ball merchant with no plan B

Jones 5 when he came on the rest of them get 2.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    I look forward to seeing what other put here...

Collin 4 The slowest keeper I have ever seen in my life, bad performance
    Tootle 6 the only player that actually tried today, had no out-ball all game
    Duffy 3 Dreadful performance from our "captain"... headless chicken for the most part
    Brisley 4 won one or 2 headers but looks beaten by anybody with any kind of pace
    Dickinson 3 Kick and run kind of player, nothing worked today, Jones should of started
    Hawkridge 2 Being very generous with the 2, one of the worst players I have seen in a Notts shirt in many years
    Hewitt 4 Tried hard but had a stinker... shocking miss in the first half summed it up
    Noble 3 did not even realize he was playing until he got subbed, a bad day at the office
    Grant 3 The guy has talent but went missing once again today
    Stead 4 Ran his heart out but delivery in to him was shocking
    Ameobi 3 Done nothing of note, tried to claim the goal which was one of his few contributions

Substitutes
    Alles... 3 ran around a lot but achieved nothing
    Virtue 3 Dont see what he brings to the team, at least tried to get stuck in
    Jones 5 Should of started, excellent ball in for our goal

A truly woeful performance and the players should be ashamed to collect their wages after that, KN can not defend that garbage, the team could not string 2 passes together which for a professional football team is baffling... Wycombe will destroy us next Friday if the players think that is acceptable...
    How you can give Hawkridge 2 is beyond me.

It's not worth rating them as they were all rubbish, but special mentions go to:

Collin - can't kick, can't move, can't claim a ball. What's he doing in goal? The most ponderous keeper I've ever seen.
    Dickinson - when he's at his best he's bang average. When he's at his worst he's a non-league standard, like today.
    Hawkridge - what does he offer? Can't beat his man, isn't quick, strong or hardworking. Rubbish.
    Stead and Ameobi - no pace, no goal threat, clumsy.

Nolan - looks like he's being found out. Lumping it to two old target men time and again with no plan b. We need pace up front! It will be interesting to see how he starts next season.

We simply aren't good enough to up. In Nolan's defence, he's managed to get a bang average squad into a false position, so fair play to him, but I feel if we started the season again now we'd be a lower-mid table side at best. I can't think of a single other football club that starts every game with two aged target men up front, and our tactics are about as basic as it gets. Plus, players like Hawkridge, Allesandra, Dickinson and Collin would struggle to get a league club if they left Notts.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 25-03-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It's not worth rating them as they were all rubbish, but special mentions go to:

Collin - can't kick, can't move, can't claim a ball. What's he doing in goal? The most ponderous keeper I've ever seen.
    Dickinson - when he's at his best he's bang average. When he's at his worst he's a non-league standard, like today.
    Hawkridge - what does he offer? Can't beat his man, isn't quick, strong or hardworking. Rubbish.
    Stead and Ameobi - no pace, no goal threat, clumsy.

Nolan - looks like he's being found out. Lumping it to two old target men time and again with no plan b. We need pace up front! It will be interesting to see how he starts next season.
    Spot on - 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

We simply aren't good enough to up. In Nolan's defence, he's managed to get a bang average squad into a false position, so fair play to him, but I feel if we started the season again now we'd be a lower-mid table side at best. I can't think of a single other football club that starts every game with two aged target men up front, and our tactics are about as basic as it gets. Plus, players like Hawkridge, Allesandra, Dickinson and Collin would struggle to get a league club if they left Notts.
    I thought Nolan worked miracles with this squad to keep them up so comfortably last year. You could excuse any tactics in the circumstances, and anyway, with Bola on the left we were far easier on the eye than this season.

But he had the whole summer to get rid of the players who had us on a 10 game losing streak and nearly got us relegated. They clearly weren't good enough, and despite contracts expiring, far too few were shown the door and the new players brought in were not much better (Hawkridge and Allesandra, for example). This season we over performed early on with Grant and Yates in great form, but as soon as Yates went we have been clueless. No amount of stats being quoted can hide the fact we are dropping like a stone, from 1st to 4th now. That is not progress, and the squad is not one that can be built on. It needs a massive cull before next season.

Nolan, in my opinion, is a good manager for a team looking to avoid relegation, but he wouldn't be part of any 5 year plan to return the club to the Championship. But if mid-table consolidation is all we're after, he'll do a job.

Not one of them is worth a mark. Nolan doesnt know what he is doing, we have no game plan other than just kick the ball anywhere.

Before the game Shaun Derry talked about Notts saying " this is the Notts County way" seriously is that the standard, is this what Notts want, it's barely watchable.