+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murdoch

Murdoch

A lot of plaudits for Mohsni (sp.?) today. However, I thought the Murd had a confident, impressive performance in the middle of the rearguard and was a bit of an unsung hero. When Durnan came out for the second half I expected the Murd to slip out right whilst Mark would slot into the middle of the defence and couldn't understand the set up. I wondered if this was another breakdown in communication between manager and players, by no, it worked fine. Maybe the Murd fed off Mohsni?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    A lot of plaudits for Mohsni (sp.?) today. However, I thought the Murd had a confident, impressive performance in the middle of the rearguard and was a bit of an unsung hero. When Durnan came out for the second half I expected the Murd to slip out right whilst Mark would slot into the middle of the defence and couldn't understand the set up. I wondered if this was another breakdown in communication between manager and players, by no, it worked fine. Maybe the Murd fed off Mohsni?
    Too early to get excited about the mutant but if you have at least on competant and confident CB, it has a knock affect for your Goalkeeper, holding midfielder etc. We've needed a Webster type player for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by RaysRedEye View Post
    Too early to get excited about the mutant but if you have at least on competant and confident CB, it has a knock affect for your Goalkeeper, holding midfielder etc. We've needed a Webster type player for a long time.
    Too early or too late, if you get what I mean? I thought he didn't put a foot wrong and showed some skill into the bargain. Perhaps he has mutated from midfielder to right back to centre back? In any case I would keep him there until he shows us otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Too early or too late, if you get what I mean? I thought he didn't put a foot wrong and showed some skill into the bargain. Perhaps he has mutated from midfielder to right back to centre back? In any case I would keep him there until he shows us otherwise.
    I dont know why we have never played that way before? Someone behind Durnan and Edje/Scobbie/Quinn might have worked earlier, im just really surprised its Murdoch that slotted into that role quite well.

However, they will probably go up to Inverness and play the same way and take a feckin dooin!

Strolled the game I thought.

An interesting setup.

I don’t know it Kyle walker playing CB had inspired the idea.

Shows someone having some thoughts and flexibility about how we might play.

Seemed to work well enough at back and with Fraser coming back and young wing backs seemed to have a bit of balance.

If we find something that wins us games (obv we drew today) then we should stick with it.

I feel up front that Mikkelsen is really important. Need a target man in this league.

McD is then a decent striker. Matty Smith doesn’t deserve to be dropped so there is competition for places

Maybe it was just me, but I personally watched a below average United team struggle to a home draw against an even more average team in Dunfermline.

I think we're phucked.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Maybe it was just me, but I personally watched a below average United team struggle to a home draw against an even more average team in Dunfermline.

I think we're phucked.
    Agreed.

Let's no sugar coat this.

Murdoch is a limited, mediocre, average,below championship level player.

FACT.

I thought it was an improvement. We have been awful recently.

Next 2 games are massive. Maybe being optimistic but not impossible we could get a couple of wins

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Agreed.

Murdoch is a limited, mediocre, average,below championship level player.

FACT.
    Thats not a FACT

That's an OPINION

FACT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)