+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our Aussie friends

Our Aussie friends

G’day crims, bit of a shocker for Cricket Australia, but surely no surprise considering your DNA.

On a final note cobbers, are ya watching the cricket Live down under, or are you ‘taping’ it?

Bit quiet there lads, cmon share us an insight on the cheating.
    Turns out it was ‘Sandpaper’ and all Warner’s idea.
    A few questions still unanswered tho:

You trying to tell us that the bowlers would not have been in on it, or at the very least noticed?
    That Bancroft, after only 7 caps, was a member of the inner sanctum?
    ‘Boof’, was filmed radioing the 12th man to relay a message out onto the field to ‘hide’ the evidence, therefore, they both must have known
    So why aren’t the Coach, bowlers and 12th man not indicated in this?

Hilarious goings on chaps, ya gonna have to change that National Anthem now.

You can’t seriously expect the world to listen to Advance ‘Australia FAIR’ without p1ssing themselves laughing, can you?

Sad Sad Sad times.

I have my own questions.

Did Warner/Bancroft seriously think they couldn't beat Seth Efrica unless they cheated, we won the bloody first test, dig in lads???
    We Aussies love being under dogs, so to answer your question Exiled Yeah I only think it was Warner and Bancroft, and Smith was not man enough to stop it.

I do think Warners head was not thinking right when the Sonny Bill/ Wife fling was rubbed in his face. That incident was handled poorly by the ICC, then chuck in the Seth Efrician quick who shouldered Smith, badly handled.
    Warner has always been a hot head, and with a personal attack on him I think all thinking straight went out the window.

Now does the punishment fit the crime???????

From memory, the likes of Tendulkar, Waqar Younus, Du Plusiss (twice) have being caught and the worst punnishment between was 1 match, the ICC has been very soft.

So I am more than happy for the ACB to come down hard on these lads, but 12months, really! I'd be happy with 6, and even that in comparison is tough.

The premeditating is why I think these are different to the other examples.

and a side note I am generally concerned for the head spaces of these lads

Left out Michael Atherton, Yubbs. Kiwis have also been giving it the big one conveniently forgetting Martin Crowe and Chris Pringle. What a witch hunt this has been. While I'm at it. Bats have undergone technological revolutions while flat track bullies dominate on boring docile pitches. 20/20 is all about cracking the ball a mile no one cares about the bowling. I say give the bowlers a crack at the ball perhaps some leather polish for the shiny side.

Yeah Oz, true about Atherton, but the issue here is the premeditated element of ‘taking’ an object onto the field of play with the intent to cheat. Dryind the ball with dust is akin to bouncing the ball in from the outfield.

OK, the rugby payer’s alleged toilet tryst with his wife may not be acceptable retaliatory sledging, even taking into account the original alleged sledge of questioning the sensitive nature of SA’s selection policy regarding quotas.

This macho, rufty tufty, goofball also allegedly saw fit to mention certain things to an English WK, knowing full well the tragic circumstances surrounding his father’s passing.

He has no limits, except anything directed at himself, not mentioning the ‘elastoplast tape’ that cover his hands whilst fielding, in Test Matches only of course, mmm

I Don’t hate the bloke, I don’t dislike the bloke, but he needs help, and has no place in a competitive environment.

P.S. Anyone see his press conference, wouldn’t answer the questions, tried to cry, oh how he tried. The game’s better off without him.

Yeah I reckon Warner is done, he's 31 and I think he'll struggle mentally to come back, let alone handle any banter if he was to return.

Reckon he'll play the 20/20 circuit for 3 years

Kiwis had a cut bottle top Exile but I take your point. Concerning points for me. Why were they ushered straight from the field to a press conference ? They should have waited for advice from the ACA. I don't believe S.Smith was directly involved in the plan but as Captain felt the need to take responsibility. His response reeked of panic and he clearly underestimated the fall out. They all did. I'm not condoning ball tampering in any way but really a plan? Would have been a short conversation. "Balls dead can we rough it up a bit? Yeah. Hey Bangers rough the ball up. OK. Media made out it was a complex plan rehersed over several days.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)