+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Cricket ...............

O/T Cricket ...............

I see the Australian team have been found cheating in South Africa the bent barstewards.

Absolutely disgraceful , can't believe in this day and age they thought they could get away with it with the amount of camera's around .

Cheeats.

Av nivva liked that Warner since the bully picked on the then young Rooity and thumped him.

Always thought it worra fair spooarting feyt ageeanst Aussies. Nar wi know better. Proper Aussies like Shane Warne must be gutted.

Will Smith and Warner gerra long ban like the Pakistanis who cheated did ? A doubt it. Probably just a one game ban and a match fee loss.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Cheeats.

Av nivva liked that Warner since the bully picked on the then young Rooity and thumped him.

Always thought it worra fair spooarting feyt ageeanst Aussies. Nar wi know better. Proper Aussies like Shane Warne must be gutted.

Will Smith and Warner gerra long ban like the Pakistanis who cheated did ? A doubt it. Probably just a one game ban and a match fee loss.

The need to mek an example on him with a long ban for me. One thing a like abart cricket is the spirit it's laiked in, well mooast ot time ennyrooard. A used to admire batsmen who walked afooar the wo officially gin art bit umpire afooar this technology came in. Aussies batsmen I believe were the first ones who stayed till the wo gin art. Cheearts. Nowt alters orr time does it

I think golf is probably the last honourable game left , even at my level I'd push the rules to the extreme on a football field but get me on a golf course and I'd call a shot on myself if I disturbed the ball whilst addressing it , didn't feel right if I didn't and felt like a cheat even though nobody would know .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I think golf is probably the last honourable game left , even at my level I'd push the rules to the extreme on a football field but get me on a golf course and I'd call a shot on myself if I disturbed the ball whilst addressing it , didn't feel right if I didn't and felt like a cheat even though nobody would know .
    Feeling like a cheat is the worst part Animal. Sometimes the aftermath is worse than the deed itself. I've too much of a conscience and it would eat away at me. It's like on a friday at work. My supervisor isn't in and there is no one to ask if I can knock off early. I don't leave early anyway with the comeback that there was no one to ask. I stay while the end. Nothing to do with professionalism. It's that "what if" would be in the back of my mind all weekend until I came back in on monday. Not worth the agro

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Am a biker Animal, have been man and boy. Done a bit o racing back in the day, I've not come across a more honourable set of sportspeople. Yes everyone is trying to find a competitive edge - whilst riding on the edge, but the levels of scrutineering before and after races ensures that the machines are compliant with the regs for that class of machine, and there's none of the doping or performance enhancing asthma remedies prevalent in other two wheeled sports.
    At amateur level we'd readily supply parts,tools and know how with someone else on circuit if it would help them get out on track.

Look at whats happening in football, diving, mouthing at the ref, players going down like they've been shot.It's all cheating.

Young lads see it on Match of The Day next thing the kids are at it, they think it's all part of the game.

Solution for me ( as Pass suggested) is that the F.A. draw a line in the sand and say no more to it all, 5 match suspension for diving, persistent offenders/clubs get a points deduction afterwards.

I played in a limited over cricket semi final when I was about 21.
    I was bowling the last ball and they needed six to win. My captain told me to bowl a wide because the rules were 4 runs and no extra ball.
    I said I couldn't do it, then proceeded to bowl a wide unintentionally. One of about half a dozen wides I bowled in 10 years.
    The batsman threw his bat down and called me a cheat. I told the umpire I'd bowl another but it was too late, everyone was half way back to the pavillion. It still bothers me now, because I knew both batsmen really well, and they're convinced I did it on purpose.
    We won the final.

Not that I'm justifying it Hodger but there's cheating and gamesmanship which I'd define as cheating without breaking the rules.
    Sounds like the latter to me and not something for you to beat yourself up about.

Agree with red flagged Hodger. Your captain told you to do it. The captain in cricket is the decision maker in the team. It rests with him. Also there were nine other members of your own team you'd be letting down if you lost as opposed to two blokes on opposition who you knew. I'd rather p1ss two off than nine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast