+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calm down folks

Calm down folks

I went to Accy today.

I hope they win this league. Such a nice set of fans and a great atmosphere before the game with the marquee put on with live music. Me and my Dad were overwhelmed by how friendly everybody was (not surprising really with it being Lancashire). We went to a couple of pubs as well and the Accy fans were warm and welcoming, it's testament to their set up really. I'd much rather Accy win it than Luton....That really is a ****hole with nobhead fans.

Anyway, let's turn our attention to the game....

Notts, first 10 mins looked like the better team. Accy's goal actually came against the run of play, but it was poor defending from us.

We huffed and puffed and got a good chance with Forte but unfortunately it hit the bar. Gutted. The game could have completely changed after that.

Somebody mentioned Collin on another thread....he had a great game to be fair. he made some brilliant saves that kept us in the game.

Forte...yes, I also felt a bit sorry for him when he was the lone striker. There wasn't much he could do. Kev's first half plan was to pack the midfeild and make us difficult to break down, and it would have worked if we hadn't given away the sloppy goal.

Virtue...has been criticised again on here but I actually think he did ok too. He was more effective in the second half when moved a bit further forward and he should have scored really, but when your confidence is a bit low, they don't go in.

Last 25 mins or so, when we stuck 2 up front, we did look a bit more threatening, but Accy's defence was on point and everything seemed to be falling their way. We just couldn't get a clean shot off (apart from Grant....who also should have scored). Maybe he thought he was offside like everyone else?

Anyhow, these are just thoughts. I don't think we under-performed. We went away to top of the league (the in form team) and we could have come away with a point, possibly even 3 if both our good chances would have materialised in to goals.

1-0 away at Accy isn't a terrible result. We played well in parts and it was just a sloppy goal that we gave away. Fine margins once again.

Keep the faith, keep on going, who knows what will happen.

I've had a lot more fun this season anyhow. Let's be realistic folks, we were relegation fodder last season, look where we are now.....

Calm down and be happy that you don't support Chesterfield or Grimsby.

COYP

x

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I went to Accy today.

I hope they win this league. Such a nice set of fans and a great atmosphere before the game with the marquee put on with live music. Me and my Dad were overwhelmed by how friendly everybody was (not surprising really with it being Lancashire). We went to a couple of pubs as well and the Accy fans were warm and welcoming, it's testament to their set up really. I'd much rather Accy win it than Luton....That really is a ****hole with nobhead fans.

Anyway, let's turn our attention to the game....

Notts, first 10 mins looked like the better team. Accy's goal actually came against the run of play, but it was poor defending from us.

We huffed and puffed and got a good chance with Forte but unfortunately it hit the bar. Gutted. The game could have completely changed after that.

Somebody mentioned Collin on another thread....he had a great game to be fair. he made some brilliant saves that kept us in the game.

Forte...yes, I also felt a bit sorry for him when he was the lone striker. There wasn't much he could do. Kev's first half plan was to pack the midfeild and make us difficult to break down, and it would have worked if we hadn't given away the sloppy goal.

Virtue...has been criticised again on here but I actually think he did ok too. He was more effective in the second half when moved a bit further forward and he should have scored really, but when your confidence is a bit low, they don't go in.

Last 25 mins or so, when we stuck 2 up front, we did look a bit more threatening, but Accy's defence was on point and everything seemed to be falling their way. We just couldn't get a clean shot off (apart from Grant....who also should have scored). Maybe he thought he was offside like everyone else?

Anyhow, these are just thoughts. I don't think we under-performed. We went away to top of the league (the in form team) and we could have come away with a point, possibly even 3 if both our good chances would have materialised in to goals.

1-0 away at Accy isn't a terrible result. We played well in parts and it was just a sloppy goal that we gave away. Fine margins once again.

Keep the faith, keep on going, who knows what will happen.

I've had a lot more fun this season anyhow. Let's be realistic folks, we were relegation fodder last season, look where we are now.....

Calm down and be happy that you don't support Chesterfield or Grimsby.

COYP

x
    Agreed.....watched my 41st live game on iFollow, and also thought that we were ok...ish.

Sloppy goal, agree, where a bunch of Notts players were appealing for a foul, ball squirted out to their centre~half who calmly slotted his 4th of the season from the edge of the 6~yard box.

The isolated Forte smashed one onto the underside of the bar from a hard~hit low cross from Aless.....1 inch lower and it would have been 1~1.

2nd half saw a few changes and Stead coming on to support Forte.....Forte again had a snap shot that looked to the Notts faithful behind the goal, like it was in the corner of the onion~bag......agonisingly close.

Collin at the other end was keeping us in it with a few cracking saves........1~1 would have been a fair result.

Onwards to Covo on Saturday, who got thumped 6~2 at home today....I will settle for 4~2 because I am not greedy.....that, and a win at Grimsby, should see us consolidate our play~off chances......then it is a lottery......who fancies a winning ticket?

This is a reasonable post that fairly sums up the game I watched yesterday.... So it will probably get lost amongst all the crisis talks that are going on in other threads.

Yesterdays result is not the issue, our recent form is, 2 wins from 9. We've gone from automatic promotion hopefuls to possibly dropping out of the play offs in 6 weeks. It's hardly surprising people are feeling slightly p***ed off.

Calm down folks ... posted by the man who said he would have taken a draw before the Wycombe (must win) game.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Yesterdays result is not the issue, our recent form is, 2 wins from 9. We've gone from automatic promotion hopefuls to possibly dropping out of the play offs in 6 weeks. It's hardly surprising people are feeling slightly p***ed off.

This^^^

Totally agree with the OP.

There's been a lot to grumble about these past few weeks, but narrowly losing to the most in-form team in the country who look set to deservedly win this division, isn't one of them. We created three clear-cut chances and some of the players who came in from the cold (particularly Milsom) played very well. We also played more football than we have in recent games; if we play like that for the last five games we should not only make the playoffs, but go into them with a semblance of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    I understand that too, but that's where perspective is required. Hardy and Nolan have dramatically improved our fortunes in a short space of time, but their early impact was so dramatic that they are now being judged, probably harshly, against those standards. If we had struggled in the early months and made a run into the play-offs in recent weeks, the position would be the same, but the perspective would be different.

Whether we achieve promotion this season or not (and I don't think we're ready to be honest), it's still been a vastly improved season, and the next task is to get the recruitment right in the summer, principally a new, younger forward line with more pace options. Some think we failed in the January transfer window, others would say Ben Hall is an excellent loan signing and losing Mason Bennett was just bad luck, but either way it's what the chairman and manager learn from our dip in form in recent weeks that matters in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I understand that too, but that's where perspective is required. Hardy and Nolan have dramatically improved our fortunes in a short space of time, but their early impact was so dramatic that they are now being judged, probably harshly, against those standards. If we had struggled in the early months and made a run into the play-offs in recent weeks, the position would be the same, but the perspective would be different.

Whether we achieve promotion this season or not (and I don't think we're ready to be honest), it's still been a vastly improved season, and the next task is to get the recruitment right in the summer, principally a new, younger forward line with more pace options. Some think we failed in the January transfer window, others would say Ben Hall is an excellent loan signing and losing Mason Bennett was just bad luck, but either way it's what the chairman and manager learn from our dip in form in recent weeks that matters in the long run.
    Spot on jackal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Spot on jackal.

Name:  Capture2.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  15.1 KB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast