+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's all over now

It's all over now

Automatic promotion is an absolute pipe dream. The management team completely blew it in the January transfer window.

Looking at our fixtures I'm also going to suggest that we won't make the playoffs but if we do scrape in no doubt it will be Mansfield so effectively we will be out at the first hurdle.

Unfortunately the Chairman has already made next season a Beast of Burden by saying next season was the season whereby we planned to challenge. That's the Biggest Mistake he could have made as in football You Can't Always Get What You Want. Just look at the Accies with 50% of our playing budget.

For the Last Time, I don't believe we will be getting our Rocks Off this season and personally want to Paint it Black.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Automatic promotion is an absolute pipe dream. The management team completely blew it in the January transfer window.

Looking at our fixtures I'm also going to suggest that we won't make the playoffs but if we do scrape in no doubt it will be Mansfield so effectively we will be out at the first hurdle.

Unfortunately the Chairman has already made next season a Beast of Burden by saying next season was the season whereby we planned to challenge. That's the Biggest Mistake he could have made as in football You Can't Always Get What You Want. Just look at the Accies with 50% of our playing budget.

For the Last Time, I don't believe we will be getting our Rocks Off this season and personally want to Paint it Black.
    the most negative person on here 😪

Negative no, pragmatic and on the money consistently yes.

Quote Originally Posted by sirlesbradd View Post
    the most negative person on here 😪
    IMO he's not far wrong though his he...

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    To play Devil's Advocate here, we can't possibly know that until it becomes mathematically impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    To play Devil's Advocate here, we can't possibly know that until it becomes mathematically impossible.

No we can't, Swale, you're absolutely correct but my gut feeling, along with others is that the chance for auto has gone and if we do manage to make the play-offs, I doubt we'll have much success. Simply not good/consistent enough.

https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/home...erfield-r2562/
    Last edited by countygump; 26-03-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    No, he's not. All of Alan Hardy's efforts to increase crowd attendances will come to nothing if we fail this year. Nobody will be attracted to a club that promised so much before Christmas and whose manager now says we weren't after promotion this year anyway. Could you blame these prospective fans if they now said sod it for this year, Notts are going nowhere and it ain't attractive to watch anyway. Similar thoughts will go through the minds of anyone thinking of buying a season ticket for next season. Major mistakes were made on Sunday and not just from the players either. New fans will have watched that awful display live on the telly, and I don't think many will be converted to be Notts supporters.

Consolidation is all right for the likes of Luton and Coventry who have large, loyal fan bases that will always be there but the likes of us, Accrington, Exeter, Wycombe and Mansfield have to scrape by with far fewer supporters and fickle supporters will come and go with success, or lack of it, and we know this increase in our support will vanish in proportion to our failure, as in the past. Not investing in actually BUYING quality this year will cost Alan Hardy more next year.

There's absolutely no sign of us stringing wins together, which is what you'd assume we'd need to do to claim 3rd spot, otherwise you'd be relying on other teams being equally inconsistent as well, but with so many clubs still in with a shout you'd have to expect one of them to have a strong finish. After yesterday's performance, that's surely not going to be us.

In the last 7 games we've won 2, drawn 3, lost 2. A repeat of that in the final 7 takes us to 75 points.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    on the money consistently yes.
    Consistently funny, I'll give you that much

3rd spot is all we can hope for now. Failure to beat Wycombe and it will be a massive struggle to make this. If we do manage to beat Wycombe then we're right back in it. However with Coventry, Luton and Accrington being 3 of our last 6 games you'd have to say the play offs is the best we can realistically hope for and we could even drop out of them.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast