+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's all over now

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I can't speak for him, but I want better than that prehistoric ****e that was served up yesterday.
    I agree what we saw yesterday was Junior school football without the enthusiasm. Absolutely no movement off the ball when in possession (hence the hoof forward to nobody in particular), no energy, no passion and a distinct lack of any tactical plan. There was no plan B but I would have at least liked to see some sort of plan A!

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Well, we certainly have a solid foundation in place, We have have assembled a squad that cant pass, cant defend and have forwards old enough to draw a pension.But more importantly we have built a foundation on nothing but bullsh*t
    the front two will be more experienced next season

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    I agree what we saw yesterday was Junior school football without the enthusiasm. Absolutely no movement off the ball when in possession (hence the hoof forward to nobody in particular), no energy, no passion and a distinct lack of any tactical plan. There was no plan B but I would have at least liked to see some sort of plan A!
    I have had my doubts has to how enthusiastic the owner & manager have been about promotion all season but after yesterday I also have doubts about the team. If we were to find ourselves a division higher next season surely any member of this squad who is out of contract will be looking for a new club & knows it, from a management/owner point of view they must realise that we would need at least 9 or 10 players (better than the ones we have) to avoid an immediate return & even if AH has the funds I doubt if the "fair play" rules would allow this.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    the front two will be more experienced next season
    I hope they are both gone at the end of the season, along with Hawkridge, Alessandra,Duffy, Dickinson and Collins. Plus all the other crap we signed just to make the numbers up.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I have had my doubts has to how enthusiastic the owner & manager have been about promotion all season but after yesterday I also have doubts about the team. If we were to find ourselves a division higher next season surely any member of this squad who is out of contract will be looking for a new club & knows it, from a management/owner point of view they must realise that we would need at least 9 or 10 players (better than the ones we have) to avoid an immediate return & even if AH has the funds I doubt if the "fair play" rules would allow this.
    The same squad that beat Bristol Rovers and Brentford. The same squad that drew with Swansea before being smashed for 8. Personally, apart from a distinct lack of pace the squad is reasonable.Tactics on the other hand are an issue.
    What is also an issue is that the team had a 50 point goal at the start of the season, since getting to that milestone we have stopped doing the things that got us to it.
    Yesterday the players were lazy. No other word to describe it. Lazy with the ball, certainly lazy without it. I don’t think I saw a player sprint. Players were not helping their mates. These are the same players that would run through brick walls for a club where the spirit has never been better. Allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I hope they are both gone at the end of the season, along with Hawkridge, Alessandra,Duffy, Dickinson and Collins. Plus all the other crap we signed just to make the numbers up.
    Collins left ages ago Durham, keep up, he's not pulling any trees up at Newport though...

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Our chances went with Mason Bennett’s hamstring, though, probably. This team is slow that they can’t do anything when a team plays with the press that Chesterfield did. We’re just lucky that our home record intimidates teams at ML and they naturally drop deep.
    For sure. We've been crying out for pace up front all season, and Bennett looked like the answer. Now we're stuck with two old cloggers up front and our only option is to punt it up to them in the vain hope that we'll get a free kick or their defender will mess up. It's rubbish to watch and devoid of skill, but that's what happens when you mess up two transfer windows in a row.

Even though we were undoubtedly complete and utter garbage yesterday, some of the reactions on here are hysterical in the extreme. They seem to be based entirely on one admittedly abysmal game rather than the season as a whole. Yes, we were dire against Chesterfield, but reading things like "Nolan is in the last chance saloon" and "drop Stead and Shola and play kids instead" makes you wonder what planet some posters live on. We have a limited squad who have generally performed above their collective ability so far. The starting eleven yesterday was about as good as we've got. You can possibly argue over choices like Collin / Fitzsimons, Dickinson / Jones, Hawkridge / Allessandra etc, but in reality there isn't a great deal of difference whoever is picked. If we make the play-offs it will be a good season, if we don't at least we've never had any sort of worry about relegation. A sense of perspective and reality seems to elude many Notts fans, so just appreciate the season for what it is, and what it could have been if we hadn't appointed Nolan.
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 26-03-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Even though we were undoubtedly complete and utter garbage yesterday, some of the reactions on here are hysterical in the extreme. They seem to be based entirely on one admittedly abysmal game rather than the season as a whole. Yes, we were dire against Chesterfield, but reading things like "Nolan is in the last chance saloon" and "drop Stead and Shola and play kids instead" makes you wonder what planet some posters live on. We have a limited squad who have generally performed above their collective ability so far. The starting eleven yesterday was about as good as we've got. You can possibly argue over choices like Collin / Fitzsimons, Dickinson / Jones, Hawkridge / Allessandra etc, but in reality there isn't a great deal of difference whoever is picked. If we make the play-offs it will be a good season, if we don't at least we've never had any sort of worry about relegation. A sense of perspective and reality seems to elude many Notts fans, so just appreciate the season for what it is, and what it could have been if we hadn't appointed Nolan.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Automatic promotion is an absolute pipe dream. The management team completely blew it in the January transfer window.

Looking at our fixtures I'm also going to suggest that we won't make the playoffs but if we do scrape in no doubt it will be Mansfield so effectively we will be out at the first hurdle.

Unfortunately the Chairman has already made next season a Beast of Burden by saying next season was the season whereby we planned to challenge. That's the Biggest Mistake he could have made as in football You Can't Always Get What You Want. Just look at the Accies with 50% of our playing budget.

For the Last Time, I don't believe we will be getting our Rocks Off this season and personally want to Paint it Black.
    PMSL

You do talk a lot of Stones Jonny!
    Last edited by sevens_a_secret; 26-03-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast