+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crewe player to Chelsea

Crewe player to Chelsea

Has he heard of Max Clayton or Dan Trickett-Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    He won't give a ****...he can now tell everyone he plays for Chelsea and the associated glamour that goes with that.
    He should have stayed at Crewe,who are glamorous to us ofcourse,but his head's been turned.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post

And when the next one does the same, it will be "Has he heard of Max Clayton, Dan Trickett-Smith or George Nunn?"

And not forgetting Maurice Doyle and the other guy (whose name escapes me now), who also went to Liverpool, and then came back and was a complete flop!!

He'll never get a game. Maybe we can have him back on loan. Stupid boy.

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    And when the next one does the same, it will be "Has he heard of Max Clayton, Dan Trickett-Smith or George Nunn?"

And not forgetting Maurice Doyle and the other guy (whose name escapes me now), who also went to Liverpool, and then came back and was a complete flop!!
    You

Its easy to see how there head has been turned, there will be a few inducements in there and he will do well out of it, initially anyway, he is a prospect, but only time will tell whether he made the right move. There are players who have failed to make the grade and probably regret making that move. Personally I think its a mistake there is no guarantee he would make the Crewe first team but I would have thought that is a much more likely outcome than Chelsea, but good luck to him and £300k wont harm our finances.

Club should now have the finance to put together attractive extended contract offers to the players out of contract and unsure about their future.if this is the outcome and enables us to keep certain players, it will be some compensation to supporters and go some way to having not seeing George in the Alex first team.Good luck to the lad in the future, hope that he has made the right choice,not easy for a six**** year old

Whilst you’re right, alexthegreat, I’m not sure that any size of contract we offer could stop a lad moving to a club like Chelsea. Their contract would obviously pay significantly more than we could probably pay our top players!!!

He will think his career will be fit from playing at a bigger club (which it might do) and, if he turns out to fall by the wayside, he will have earned himself a decent amount of cash for wherever he ends up playing. As for us, it’s a guaranteed £300k, with add ons if he does well. I hope this is the case, but he might have turned out not to progress, or pick up a string of injuries, in which case we would have got nowt.

My main regret is that we won’t have had the pleasure of watching him play first team football in Alex red... unless he returns on loan!

I am led to believe the lad's wages at Chelsea are 30x bigger than what they were at the Alex! So you cannot blame the lad, you cannot blame the Alex for being held to ransom over a player who has not played 1st team football. You can however blame the FA, if in the normal working world a young person is not allowed to work shifts until they are 18 (and earn extra money), and is tied to a certain work pattern, why is it not possible for the FA to introduce a rule that young players have to stay with the club they went through the academy/youth set up with until they are 18, it would make things a lot fairer for clubs like the Alex and might actually allow the George Nunn's of the world to develop properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Death View Post
    I am led to believe the lad's wages at Chelsea are 30x bigger than what they were at the Alex! So you cannot blame the lad, you cannot blame the Alex for being held to ransom over a player who has not played 1st team football. You can however blame the FA, if in the normal working world a young person is not allowed to work shifts until they are 18 (and earn extra money), and is tied to a certain work pattern, why is it not possible for the FA to introduce a rule that young players have to stay with the club they went through the academy/youth set up with until they are 18, it would make things a lot fairer for clubs like the Alex and might actually allow the George Nunn's of the world to develop properly.
    Unfortunately its not the FA who run football its the premier league that call the shots, the EPPP was put in place by the premier league, for the benefit of the premier league, the FA agreed to it after being told they would receive no money from the premier league if they didn't back it. I'm not sure why the football league backed the deal, they originally opposed the idea and then backed it when it was put to a vote, no doubt a meeting took place between the PL and FL and no doubt inducements were offered, not to the clubs involved though, but that's all water under the bridge I'm afraid. Unfortunately the FA is toothless when it comes to the premier league and the football league is equally toothless, so what is fair will never come into the equation and its unlikely the FA would be interested anyway, the football league certainly isn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast