+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum - Use It (correctly) or LOSE it !

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Hope you enjoy the game with your son - they don't stay young for long,special moments away days .......

Regarding Law HO. ........

1. Berardi - Head butted a Bristol City player deliberately braking his nose - on camera.

2. Saiz - Spat at a player of Newport County - on camera twice now doing it.

3.Ayling publicly urinating into beer glass with another player doing like wise at Cheltenham races prior to him joining us - on camera.

4.Leeds yobs weekly do similar acts above - on camera yet get (rightly so) life bans and fines/sentence.

1,2 and 3 football related and rewarded with better contracts and allowed to represent your club Leeds United

4. football related and 'followers' of your team Leeds United.

Did you 'voice ' concerns to the club direct as MANY did regarding 1,2and 3.

Did you 'voice' concerns to the club direct as MANY did regarding 4.

As a Mum/Dad explain the difference to a 10 year old Leeds fan.

You tell me (as a Dad & supporter) WHO should be allowed to represent our club Leeds United.

'Cos as a fan rep folks expect me to publicly give an answer to ALL above points with respect.

Gill xx

Post/ Thread closed on matters - like me,finished posts/threads ......

MOT
    Hey Gill

I always try to savour every experience with my kids, be it sport they play, watching sport with them or just plain old chewing the fat.

not sure what you are asking me in terms of 1,2 and 3 but there is a difference but becoming more blurred due to case law between a ‘sporting incident’ in game and fans behaviour.

i have coached and refereed both football and rugby and it’s quite simple. There is correct behaviour and if not correct it is wrong. I tell my kids to strive to behave well at all times and respect people and rules and if they don’t then don’t complain about the consequences.

as a coach, I expect certain standards of behaviour from players and parents alike. If a player back chats the ref or seeks to injure another player then they get taken off the pitch. Rugby I think tends to have better core values than football but is also subject to kids replicating pro player behaviour. My kids have a healthy disdain for the behaviour on and off the pitch of some pro footballers. I encourage good behaviour but try to empower them to make their own choices and then live by the consequences. I want the kids to play hard and have fun and be proud - cheating or poor behaviour is nothing to be proud of.

there is way too much cheating in all professional sport that is justified as being professional - it’s not professional it’s cheating and the leagues and sports bodies should be firmer.

not sure if that is what you were looking for but that was the question I thought you asked.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    happy clapper claptrap you mean , right down your alley .lol

you were moaning the other day about me tearing strips off you , and then you come back looking for more .

your a very silly boy . lol
    okay Marley

on the back of Mrs O’s/Gill’s post the other day I ask you three genuine questions.

1. So what is your back story then? Mrs O suggested if we asked we might understand you more - so I am asking.
    2. Do you not think that some/many of your posts put Gill in a very difficult position? - I know that she knows you personally and sees something in you that many of the rest of us dont’t - and whilst your posts to Gill are very pleasant the very fact you can post that way to her shows it is a conscious effort to post that way and thus must be to post the way you do to others - Mrs O/Gill has posted on here for years and by and large most people rub along fine but you have put her in the middle of your [insert appropriate words to describe] with the rest of us.
    3. If you have such low opinions of so many posters on here, why do you bother posting? Surely it is a waste of your time and everyone else’s?

i ask these questions on the back of Gill’s post from this week suggesting someone do so. no invective in my post just asking you straight forward direct questions?

respond how you want to but at least I can say I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    okay Marley

on the back of Mrs O’s/Gill’s post the other day I ask you three genuine questions.

1. So what is your back story then? Mrs O suggested if we asked we might understand you more - so I am asking.
    2. Do you not think that some/many of your posts put Gill in a very difficult position? - I know that she knows you personally and sees something in you that many of the rest of us dont’t - and whilst your posts to Gill are very pleasant the very fact you can post that way to her shows it is a conscious effort to post that way and thus must be to post the way you do to others - Mrs O/Gill has posted on here for years and by and large most people rub along fine but you have put her in the middle of your [insert appropriate words to describe] with the rest of us.
    3. If you have such low opinions of so many posters on here, why do you bother posting? Surely it is a waste of your time and everyone else’s?

i ask these questions on the back of Gill’s post from this week suggesting someone do so. no invective in my post just asking you straight forward direct questions?

respond how you want to but at least I can say I tried.
    first of all if i remember correctly , you said you were putting my posts on ignore , so that did not last very long did it . lol

secondly, i could not give a monkeys, about what other posters opinions are of me on this board, i am merely posting my views of this club independently , the fact they do not correlate, or tie in with the vast majority of posters opinions, who post on here is not my problem or concern whatsoever . it is not a popularity contest on here , merely a board to post opinions about this club .and the state it is currently in .

i have stated my views and opinions about this club, many times on how this club is been run , and what is actually needed to attain premier league status once again , and we are no closer now, than where we were , when we first got relegated back in 2004 .

as far as mrs o is concerned, she as been a friend for quite a few years , whom i met indirectly through her son rich, that is as far as it goes , if you notice, her viewpoint is in direct contrast to mine , been friends does not necessarily mean you hold the same views when it comes to football . she is a very intelligent woman and can certainly hold her own with the best of them .

the personal attacks are been caused, by having a different viewpoint, to the vast majority who post on here .
    the easiest solution to prevent it continuing, is very simple , like i have just explained , either do not reply or ignore the posts . the problem is that, it never lasts very long , because somebody, sooner or later is always going to have a dig, and thats when the abuse starts once again .

the vast majority on here very rarely criticise, or say anything detrimental against this club , they tend to look at everything through rose tinted spectacles , which is completely baffling considering the season we have just had , and the previous thir**** seasons we have had previously.

the backstory is similiar to mrs o, i have followed this club home , away and abroad since the seventies , but i have never witnessed this club in such a laughable and tragic state that it as been in siince 2004 , and it is ongoing , there is no immediate light at the end of the tunnel , especially under this ownership . we are destined to remain out of the premier league , until we get owners who are prepared to put substantial finances in to this team . so the criticism is relevant and justified .

many of the fans who go feel exactly the same way , fed uo , tired , and sick of waiting for this team and club to return back to the premier league, its as simple as that .the opinions posted on here, certainly do not reflect that fact most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    first of all if i remember correctly , you said you were putting my posts on ignore , so that did not last very long did it . lol

secondly, i could not give a monkeys, about what other posters opinions are of me on this board, i am merely posting my views of this club independently , the fact they do not correlate, or tie in with the vast majority of posters opinions, who post on here is not my problem or concern whatsoever . it is not a popularity contest on here , merely a board to post opinions about this club .and the state it is currently in .

i have stated my views and opinions about this club, many times on how this club is been run , and what is actually needed to attain premier league status once again , and we are no closer now, than where we were , when we first got relegated back in 2004 .

as far as mrs o is concerned, she as been a friend for quite a few years , whom i met indirectly through her son rich, that is as far as it goes , if you notice, her viewpoint is in direct contrast to mine , been friends does not necessarily mean you hold the same views when it comes to football . she is a very intelligent woman and can certainly hold her own with the best of them .

the personal attacks are been caused, by having a different viewpoint, to the vast majority who post on here .
    the easiest solution to prevent it continuing, is very simple , like i have just explained , either do not reply or ignore the posts . the problem is that, it never lasts very long , because somebody, sooner or later is always going to have a dig, and thats when the abuse starts once again .

the vast majority on here very rarely criticise, or say anything detrimental against this club , they tend to look at everything through rose tinted spectacles , which is completely baffling considering the season we have just had , and the previous thir**** seasons we have had previously.

the backstory is similiar to mrs o, i have followed this club home , away and abroad since the seventies , but i have never witnessed this club in such a laughable and tragic state that it as been in siince 2004 , and it is ongoing , there is no immediate light at the end of the tunnel , especially under this ownership . we are destined to remain out of the premier league , until we get owners who are prepared to put substantial finances in to this team . so the criticism is relevant and justified .

many of the fans who go feel exactly the same way , fed uo , tired , and sick of waiting for this team and club to return back to the premier league, its as simple as that .the opinions posted on here, certainly do not reflect that fact most of the time.
    Fair enough but still don’t understand the need to have a pop at people who have a different view (for example I asked you some questions without any sarcasm on the back of Mrs O’s posts but first two paras seem unnecessarily hostile). I was trying to each out as Mrs O asked one of us to do. I remember as a kid going to ER between 1980 and 1984 and the ground was falling to bits and the football was often dire so not sure any worse than that. Only my opinion but surely being in Championship better than being in L1.

in outlook I probably am not a million miles away from Mrs O so don’t understand why you can silently disagree with her but feel the need to deride as deluded or worse me and others with my view point (and yes I get to games but not as many as I would like as I no longer live in Leeds and spans a lot of the weekends no sure my kids enjoy sport).

for others who longer afford to go does that make them any less of a fan. for those who have moved abroad again I just think it’s great that they still support the club. We have always had for many years since the 70s fans from around the globe and I think that is a good thing.

to be fair to you, EG came out in the YEP this week talking about how to spend money on the squad and was probably as critical as he ever gets, gent that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Fair enough but still don’t understand the need to have a pop at people who have a different view (for example I asked you some questions without any sarcasm on the back of Mrs O’s posts but first two paras seem unnecessarily hostile). I was trying to each out as Mrs O asked one of us to do. I remember as a kid going to ER between 1980 and 1984 and the ground was falling to bits and the football was often dire so not sure any worse than that. Only my opinion but surely being in Championship better than being in L1.

in outlook I probably am not a million miles away from Mrs O so don’t understand why you can silently disagree with her but feel the need to deride as deluded or worse me and others with my view point (and yes I get to games but not as many as I would like as I no longer live in Leeds and spans a lot of the weekends no sure my kids enjoy sport).

for others who longer afford to go does that make them any less of a fan. for those who have moved abroad again I just think it’s great that they still support the club. We have always had for many years since the 70s fans from around the globe and I think that is a good thing.

to be fair to you, EG came out in the YEP this week talking about how to spend money on the squad and was probably as critical as he ever gets, gent that he is.
    eddie gray is a great ambassador for the club , but he is also a big yes man for the establishment, his views in the y.e.p , do not reflect what he as been saying on the radio for many years . hindsight is a wonderful thing , it all depends whether your getting paid for it or not . peter lorimer thought ken bates was the best thing since sliced bread, while he was on the payroll , there is only so long you can hide the truth. fella .
    Last edited by Marley past ghosts; 28-03-2018 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    My world veiw on Leeds ........... I CANNOT WIN !
    I comment from a veiw taken from match day fans,hard core firms,old supporters,Sky supporters,media keyboard warrior supporters,off shore UK supporters,Care home supporters,HMS Prision Services supporters,Hospital patient supporters.Rehab supporters,Disabled group supporters,Blind & Deaf supporters,other club supporters,other club security staff supporters,media & press supporters,the players & staff from the club and other clubs and bloody Spaldy and a geezer sat in bloody Leicester telling me my 'tone' is out of order ........ that I'm from Leeds,travel home for family reason every 2 weeks,take the time to communicate effectively with a 'VAST' aray of football folk and earn a bloody living please don't lecture me - join an organisation connected to the club and give your free time to them and help your own and then my friend come back to me with your concerns ........

MOT - Gill xx

Going along at a good clip until you put........"don't lecture me"

I kinda like the guy from Leicester and Spaldy.

At least they are not phony, like your toy boy.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Going along at a good clip until you put........"don't lecture me"

I kinda like the guy from Leicester and Spaldy.

At least they are not phony, like your toy boy.
    aint vancouver whitecaps nearer your bag george .

what do you do george ? , wait for the snow to melt before you come over. lol

Ahhhh struck a nerve did we 'O' great one, busted......

I'm in Keighley, silly bunt.

lol

You should've aimed that earlier missive at me:

There is still (some) snow on the ground here and I do own a Vancouver Whitecaps jersey - a m/w one of Lorimer's from 1982!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)