+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT (mainly) IF!

OT (mainly) IF!

...still four days to go till we meet the hotbed of Brexit land at PP, so...
    1. IF...the Brexit campaign is proved to have cheated and Shahmir Shanni’s allegations are found to be well founded with Gove and Johnson being complicit in such ‘cheating’ and financial irregularity, should the Electoral Comission overthrow the Referendum result?
    2. IF...the Aussies are found to have cheated via organised ball tampering during the recent Ashes series, should the result be overthrown, the captain, vice captain, coach and perpetrators be sacked and the ‘little urn’ returned (only symbolically I know) to us?
    3. IF...the Forest owner is found to be guilty of anything to do with drug trafficking etc...should he and his family be banned from playing any further role in English football?
    4. IF...DCFC continue their decline of the last ten weeks or so and slide into Play Off obscurity for the fourth year running...should Gary Rowett remain as manager?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 27-03-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ...still four days to go till we meet the hotbed of Brexit land at PP, so...
    1. IF...the Brexit campaign is proved to have cheated and Shahmir Shanni’s allegations are found to be well founded with Gove and Johnson being complicit in such ‘cheating’ and financial irregularity, should the Electoral Comission overthrow the Referendum result?
    2. IF...the Aussies are found to have cheated via organised ball tampering during the recent Ashes series, should the result be overthrown, the captain, vice captain, coach and perpetrators be sacked and the ‘little urn’ returned (only symbolically I know) to us?
    3. IF...the Forest owner is found to be guilty of anything to do with drug trafficking etc...should he and his family be banned from playing any further role in English football?
    4. IF...DCFC continue their decline of the last ten weeks or so and slide into Play Off obscurity for the fourth year running...should Gary Rowett remain as manager?
    Is this all you have to worry about?
    There are more serious things to deal with.

David Platt was bum raped yer know and Pat Phelan is a murderer

1. IF...the Brexit campaign is proved to have cheated and Shahmir Shanni’s allegations are found to be well founded with Gove and Johnson being complicit in such ‘cheating’ and financial irregularity, should the Electoral Comission overthrow the Referendum result? Yes they should
    2. IF...the Aussies are found to have cheated via organised ball tampering during the recent Ashes series, should the result be overthrown, the captain, vice captain, coach and perpetrators be sacked and the ‘little urn’ returned (only symbolically I know) to us? Yes they should
    3. IF...the Forest owner is found to be guilty of anything to do with drug trafficking etc...should he and his family be banned from playing any further role in English football? Yes they should
    4. IF...DCFC continue their decline of the last ten weeks or so and slide into Play Off obscurity for the fourth year running...should Gary Rowett remain as manager? Yes he should

More important things to worry about though IMO. The entire world is run ti keep those already in control, in control. Large companies and multinationals do everything in their power to give ever increasing dividends to share holders and to hell with treating people well. What people? Staf for a start. HR departments are now run on a shoestring budget to save costs. When new staff for whatever dept are needed they advertise the job. They get 100s of applications. They start with the first in and read through applications until they get the required amount of applicants deemed worthy of an interview. Say they want to interview 5 people. They will usually get those in the first 20 applications received. The rest don't get read. The senders in the main don't even get an auto reply never mind a proper acknowledgement. Those who were read but not invited also get no feedback. Totally unacceptable IMO. Employ more HR staff and treat applicants with respect. My thoughts on the banks and the entire financial sector were made clearly enough in previous threads so I'll not hit them again...... just yet. Journalists publishing Fake News should be held to account as should the Newspapers, magazines, Radio and TV Stations and websites that publish the utter crap written. You might call it censorship. I call it stopping these eejits from purposely telling LIES!

no, whilst charges could possible be laid at individual's doors, I cannot see how a case can be made for voiding the referendum result (and indeed what would be the consequences anyway, now we have spent 18 months trying to resolve the hows and so on). I cannot see any particularly obvious "cause and effect" in the questionable spending vs the result.

yes, but unlikely to be provable in hindsight. Smith and Warner should be given match suspensions and captaincy lifetime bans if shown to be guilty. the coach should go come what me.

yes, as fit and proper would apply re directorship and control. Simply shifting the "control" to another family member/company/trust would be transparently false. remember what happened to the Leeds owner as precedent.

no, he has to be given time to build something even if he had started this in a questionable way with too many old heads. This season was an attempt to "buy" promotion with players that have no real future and would likely largely be replaced if we succeed. I doubt this was GR's idea but rather an ownership suggestion! Give him time to try to build the proper way, using internal resources not buying ageing players in their twilight years, although the odd one is OK. But Huddlestone Ledley Baird Nugent Davies Jerome is just too many wise heads with experience. The balance is wrong for anything other than a desperation shot at getting up this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    1. IF...the Brexit campaign is proved to have cheated and Shahmir Shanni’s allegations are found to be well founded with Gove and Johnson being complicit in such ‘cheating’ and financial irregularity, should the Electoral Comission overthrow the Referendum result? Yes they should
    2. IF...the Aussies are found to have cheated via organised ball tampering during the recent Ashes series, should the result be overthrown, the captain, vice captain, coach and perpetrators be sacked and the ‘little urn’ returned (only symbolically I know) to us? Yes they should
    3. IF...the Forest owner is found to be guilty of anything to do with drug trafficking etc...should he and his family be banned from playing any further role in English football? Yes they should
    4. IF...DCFC continue their decline of the last ten weeks or so and slide into Play Off obscurity for the fourth year running...should Gary Rowett remain as manager? Yes he should

More important things to worry about though IMO. The entire world is run ti keep those already in control, in control. Large companies and multinationals do everything in their power to give ever increasing dividends to share holders and to hell with treating people well. What people? Staf for a start. HR departments are now run on a shoestring budget to save costs. When new staff for whatever dept are needed they advertise the job. They get 100s of applications. They start with the first in and read through applications until they get the required amount of applicants deemed worthy of an interview. Say they want to interview 5 people. They will usually get those in the first 20 applications received. The rest don't get read. The senders in the main don't even get an auto reply never mind a proper acknowledgement. Those who were read but not invited also get no feedback. Totally unacceptable IMO. Employ more HR staff and treat applicants with respect. My thoughts on the banks and the entire financial sector were made clearly enough in previous threads so I'll not hit them again...... just yet. Journalists publishing Fake News should be held to account as should the Newspapers, magazines, Radio and TV Stations and websites that publish the utter crap written. You might call it censorship. I call it stopping these eejits from purposely telling LIES!
    Are you Adlestrop in disguise!

As to the point on fake news, I entirely agree, but this is what you get when you let the lunatics run the asylum via social media. My suspicion is that 25 years hence the explosion of allowing the most ill informed moron the ability to publicise whatever opinion they want without any need for evidence to support it, yet still have credibility, will be seen by history as a huge mistake that, if anything, achieved exactly the opposite of its aim of making the news an open book.

Imagine a world where DDD and his like could be out there spouting crap on subjects rather more important than a football match/team. Well you dont have to use much imagination because its out there now and growing in impact all the time. I disagree with censorship but sadly exposing the minds of those easily influenced by others to the sort of crap that is out there now is probably the worse option of the two.

We have all seen the positives of the internet in enhanced communications - now we are seeing it taken over by fools or the wilfully exploitative and in my view it presents exactly the same challenge as globalisation. The only difference is that the former exploits the minds of the masses, the other exploits the bodies (for want of a better expression).
    Last edited by roger_ramjet; 27-03-2018 at 12:48 PM.

No, no, no and no.

I have absolutely no idea what or who TTR is talking about...yet again!

The other answers are interesting. For what it’s worth my answers would be...
    1. Yes, otherwise what is the point of having electoral rules?
    2. Yes, and seeing as there is footage of the main protagonist putting sugar in his pockets prior to taking the field in the Ashes it seems quite likely to be provable.
    3. Yes, for exactly the same reasons as Roger.
    4. No, again for exactly the same reasons as RR.

Don’t really see how you can answer 1&2 differently...they’re both examples of cheating although clearly one is far more significant than two.
    Agree completely with MA over ‘fake news’.

I have to confess I would have been so shocked if you had answered "no" to the first question that I may have ended up supporting Forest when I came out of the coma. Put simply the punishment has to fit the crime - and voiding the referendum result because of some dogdy funding manipulation does not match the alleged crime. Interestingly you haven't named May as a party to be arraigned as she only changed camp after the event and so became the target of your outrage - simply for carrying out the result despite not being personally committed to it beforehand.

As for #2, i have seen the sugar footage, and that may have pointed to one instance, but I don't think its enough evidence to annul all the results. Aussie were far superior to us and they would not have needed to resort to such tactics to win. In RSA they were 1-1 looking at going down 1-2 and so much greater need to cheat. I don't think they are institutionalised cheats and so suggest they would only resort to it if they feared defeat.

If my frigging lottery numbers come up.....................!!

No yes yes no

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)