+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My First Burnley FC Match

My First Burnley FC Match

You can now discover the details of the very first Burnley FC match that was played on or after any date (eg: your own date of birth, or somebody else you know) using this new gadget:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/d.../MAINDASHBOARD

Please give it a try, and let me know what you think (shares are much appreciated!)

(I've also included links to the relevant season page for those seasons that have programme covers etc. on the Clarets Mad website, ie: 1946/47 - 2014/15)

Dave
    Are you from Colne too?
    Tried it with a bit of difficulty but it worked and had Useful info on the crowd managers and scorer if you hover.

It isn’t obvious what to do after putting the date in. Think you need a search button. I used the right arrow at the bottom and it delivered.

Thanks

Worked well for me!

My game was a 2-0 home win against Liverpool on Christmas Day in 1952.

That'll do for me!

I cant remember what year this was but it was sometime in the 80s (somebody I am sure will put me right on this one) and it was my first visit to Turf Moor and we lost 2-0 and a very young Trevor Steven took the absolute rip out of us.

Worked for me fine. 21 April 1964. Burnley 7 Spurs 2. Crowd wasn’t big but the weather was filthy and those who braved the elements got their money’s worth.

Mine was Boxing Day 1971, I think a 2-1 victory over Blackpool. Dave Thomas was playing for us. My brother, I'm fairly sure, referred to him as "dangerman".

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)