+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: world cup and Putin

world cup and Putin

Is it time to boycott it?
    Will countries have the bottle?
    Officials are already building in their condemnation.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/590684...untry-boycott/

The Sun? Lolz

Being as they are equally corrupt I'm not bothered about about mixing sport & politics anymore. So let's have a great nonviolent reaction & go for a boycott. This would bring the cocky little dick down a peg or too which would ultimately benefit us all. Trump has been deprived of his big parade by the Florida school kids, so let Putin have his share of the grief.

Go ahead let England boycott. I'd prefer to have the Yanks in as a replacement.
    Germany, Brazil, Spain and Argentina gonna boycott the WC?
    Yes, I suppose April Fool's is just days away.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Go ahead let England boycott. I'd prefer to have the Yanks in as a replacement.
    Germany, Brazil, Spain and Argentina gonna boycott the WC?
    Yes, I suppose April Fool's is just days away.
    Germany and Spain should.
    They have been under the same umbrella of protection for decades.
    Seeing as both don't fulfill their requirements budget wise, I won't hold my breath

Tricky my dear boy, have you been associating with Basie too much that you've taken leave of your senses?

Football is run by FIFA, that specifically disallows governmental interference in the running of football.
    If the FA organises a boycott, they will be sanctioned meaning no foreign player will be allowed to play in England. That would be the death of the Prem.
    Given that the Prem is a money spinning organisation, the answer to this boycott idea is simple
    Money talks, bull**** walks.

As I said in post 2, The Sun, lolz. They'll print anything for money ie: readership.