+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pardew

Pardew

Am I the only one who thinks we could do worse than keep him on for the championship? It's either him or Pearson.

It's not his fault Splitalong Condom couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo.

We need an experienced head in the championship and I don't see many alternatives. Like a Bruce or a Colin. Young and inexperienced is not in the list of characteristics required of a championship winner.

Pulis would be he obvious replacement candidate

Most anticipate that Partridge will be gone at seasons end but it wouldn't surprise me if the board decide to give him a run out in the Championship, to begin with at least, a bit like that Einstein saying about doing the same thing over and over again etc, personally I think he's a crock, the worst manager ever at the Albion, but I doubt Mr Lai reads my posts.

Pardew pay out

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Most anticipate that Partridge will be gone at seasons end but it wouldn't surprise me if the board decide to give him a run out in the Championship, to begin with at least, a bit like that Einstein saying about doing the same thing over and over again etc, personally I think he's a crock, the worst manager ever at the Albion, but I doubt Mr Lai reads my posts.

The only thing to save Pardew is not paying off his contract.
    That will speak volumes as Pardew is a busted flush for any remaining players after the big earners are gone and the fan base.
    It will tell us that Lai is managing his losses and exit.
    He has no interest in football or WBAFC other than as a business vehicle.
    His strategy- premiership club for home market leverage has failed.
    He can pour money in to get back to the prem - but lots of money and lots of risk.
    Or he can manage his losses- prachute payments, player sales- he will be close to £175m paid.
    So if AP stays - the Championship will be our ceiling- it may not be our floor

Quote Originally Posted by BARBaggies82 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks we could do worse than keep him on for the championship? It's either him or Pearson.

It's not his fault Splitalong Condom couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo.

We need an experienced head in the championship and I don't see many alternatives. Like a Bruce or a Colin. Young and inexperienced is not in the list of characteristics required of a championship winner.
    I disagree, but isn't that what these forums are for?

I would actually prefer to take a punt on a young, hungry and inexperienced manager. The problem with experience is, you only get it when someone gives you a chance. Would a young, inexperienced manager have done any worse than what Pardew has this season?

So, lets interview some and see what they've got. The last time we were in the championship (I stand corrected if I'm wrong) was the season we appointed Di Matteo and that was a really satisfying year with Dorrans running the show. He'd only had 1 season's worth of experience with MK Dons.

Lets scour the lower leagues and give someone a shot, there's also real talent in league 1 and 2 and there's a fair chance an incoming manager would be able to exploit that. I'm fed up of overpaid players and managers at the club anyway. Get shot and get someone hungry, ambitious and enthusiastic in, yeah they'll make mistakes but at least they'll be doing it for the right reasons and not just for another or a final pay day.

Danny Cowley of Lincoln City is doing a great job, he would be worth a look.

I think the big problem we have, whichever league we are in next season, is the amount of change within the squad that is needed this summer. I would not like to trust that to an inexperienced Manager from the lower leagues.

If we are going down that inexperienced route then I think we would have to go back to a coach who has little say in the transfers as we did when the likes of Di Matteo were around. The difference, and it is a big one for me, is that the people doing the hiring and firing of players seemed to know what they were doing a few years ago where as they don’t now. Dan Ashworth has been missed more than any Manager or coach imo.

This summer for me is not the time for a inexperienced Manager to sort out the mess we are in. Whether Pardew is the right man is another question, and he wouldn’t be for me. However if the choice was him or an inexperienced Manager from League 1 or 2 then I would stick with Pardew. However, surely we should be able to do better.

Is this thread an early April's fool joke?

If not just What exactly has pardew done in his last 18 months in football that inspires such confidence?

Surely not the 7 wins with us and palace.

Oh, and splinter cowley is not fit to be a foooking ball boy at our club, and yes I know fat Ron came from Cambridge, like that is some kind of guarantee!

I have to admit that Pardew actually does have many of the credentials desired for the Championship, so any championship team looking for a new manager may justifiably consider him to be a possible candidate. However, even if you could say that objectively he is the absolute perfect man for the job next season, his tenure at the Albion has been such an unmitigated disaster that there is too much negative baggage attached to his time here. I do not think the vast majority of fans will tolerate his presence beyond the end of the season (or beyond about four weeks ago, if we are being honest)

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I disagree, but isn't that what these forums are for?

I would actually prefer to take a punt on a young, hungry and inexperienced manager. The problem with experience is, you only get it when someone gives you a chance. Would a young, inexperienced manager have done any worse than what Pardew has this season?

So, lets interview some and see what they've got. The last time we were in the championship (I stand corrected if I'm wrong) was the season we appointed Di Matteo and that was a really satisfying year with Dorrans running the show. He'd only had 1 season's worth of experience with MK Dons.

Lets scour the lower leagues and give someone a shot, there's also real talent in league 1 and 2 and there's a fair chance an incoming manager would be able to exploit that. I'm fed up of overpaid players and managers at the club anyway. Get shot and get someone hungry, ambitious and enthusiastic in, yeah they'll make mistakes but at least they'll be doing it for the right reasons and not just for another or a final pay day.
    I totally agree with you 123.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)