+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lindsay pleased with Barnsley move

Lindsay pleased with Barnsley move

Defender Liam Lindsay is delighted his summer move to Barnsley panned out just the way he wanted.

The Scottish centre-back contemplated staying at boyhood club Partick Thistle, where he was guaranteed playing time.

He was the only player outside of either champions Celtic or runners-up Aberdeen to be named in the Scottish Premiership Team of the Year before he left, but Lindsay gambled on a move to England - and has been one of the Reds’ standout performers, despite their sorry season.

“The move has worked out exactly the way I wanted,” said Lindsay, who moved to Oakwell for £350,000 last summer.

“I’m at a Championship club, and most importantly playing every week.

“That was the key thing before coming. I have managed to get into the team and I’m loving every minute of it.

“There were doubts in my mind about the move, of course there was.

“My initial thought was to stay at Partick and learn my trade.

“If I went down to a Championship club I felt I might struggle to play every week. If I wasn’t going to play then it wouldn’t be the best move for me.

“That was in the back of my mind but I had to have confidence in my ability.

“I knew at Thistle I would probably play in every game which may help me in the long run. But I went for it and it’s paid off.

“It was a wrench to leave Thistle in the end because they were the club who gave me a chance.”

Lindsay is now a proven Championship commodity and there was even rumoured £6million interest from Premier League outfits in January.

But the Championship did take some adjusting. Lindsay added: “It’s a brutal league and you’re tested as a centre-back in every game.

“You could go away to Aston Villa on a Saturday for example and then be playing Nottingham Forest or Hull a few days later.

“And you’re up against players who have either been brought for or moving for massive prices.

“I feel like I’m growing as a player and I’m a lot more confident now.”

Was he a speadsheet signing ??? Carnt be all wrong ? Or can it ? Good luck to him , Top signing for me , been iffy last few weeks tho !! Must improve !!

“I’m here, I want Championship playing time”
    “ When we go down, please come and get me”

Good “loud shout” from his agent !

Spin doctors are out in force

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Was he a speadsheet signing ??? Carnt be all wrong ? Or can it ? Good luck to him , Top signing for me , been iffy last few weeks tho !! Must improve !!
    I think we’ve signed some good potential off the spreadsheet

He'll be gone at end of season loose £6mill because of relegation and his£6mill+ transfer makes up for loss or does it? I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Even a brokkan clock iz reyt twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I think we’ve signed some good potential off the spreadsheet
    One or two to sell on when polished. Carnt name many this time though. Poor crop.

Who is doing the polishing nar Hecky ez gone ? Jooa's Gang aren't up to it. They're only used to ready made top players to ev running rarnd cones.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 28-03-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Even a brokkan clock iz reyt twice a day.
    Thu leet at ennda tunnill needs changing, Jooa ez bin left a loowud o brokkun wuns, that tutha blowk med a mullacks on ,
    tek the clock t george rymers up shambles street ill mendit fothi

I should think we will sell him. This is one of largest squads of "under contract" players that no one else will want we've ever had. If we're going to carry on ticking over sumat will have to give.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast