+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Replacement for Czaba

" someone seriously trying to get his books rather than an attempt to win any game of football."

^^^ This is my reading of it. Has been for weeks.

Bobafett, I was referring to his previous jobs. Certainly not with United.

Certainly not

CL first came in and got a decent reaction and had continued the good job ellis done in the 2 games he was in charge. but the falkirk result with key injuries and numerous signings (non of which seem to be able to get a game regularly) he looks lost.

bringing in luggy was a last chance to get a reaction and even that doesnt seem to be working. cut the losses. hoping whoever comes in or Luggy/ellis can sort us out for rest of the season.

Neilson, Mcintyre or Mccall would be my options if we were.

Neilson- will have point to prove after MK dons (similar to what mcinnes done) won the championship before in a harder league.
    Mcintyre- again will want to prove a point after harshly punted by county. won championship before with dunfermline
    MCCall- didnt fancy it before because of ST but might change now. had a great record with m'well. Would be my choice tbh

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    His continual insistence on picking Murdoch in a variety of positions, leaving the only decent central-midfielder we have available to us (Slater) on the bench and regularly fielding teams including Scobbie and Quinn would seriously suggest otherwise to me.

Playing a back 3 consisting of a shyte left-back, a shyte midfielder and someone making their debut whilst leaving our best central defender on the bench and next-best sitting in the stand strikes me as someone seriously trying to get his books rather than an attempt to win any game of football.

I welcomed his appointment as I seem to recall him doing a decent job at Hearts and he's got some interesting experience on the continent but his tactics and team selections are baffling at best and utterly fcuking clueless at worst. Punting him may be very costly, though, so we may have to just ride it out and hope he stumbles upon the right team at some point.
    Totally agree with this.

The boy Slater's done well when ive seen him apart from a wee bad spell during the game up in Aberdeen.

does Jim McInally still live in Dundee, coz I seen him on the Broughty Ferry Esplanade today.......just saying

Slater's not been great so far because he needs games to get up to speed - he was out most of last season with an injury. But he is a quality wee player. We could do a lot worse than play him and Gillespie as the 2 in centre-mid.

when Neilson was at Hearts Gary Locke had basically developed all the young players the previous season, and levein was making the signings, he wouldn't have either of that at United.

There is so much to criticise. Team selection being the worst. Team tactics aren't great either.
    When he came he wanted the ball passed at pace with no booting up field. That idea is totally gone.
    Is there any structure or plan on the park. We never seem to control the midfield.

The manager i wanted in was McCall but he saw straight through the owner,make no mistake about it we are in the position we are because of Thompson,i cannot fault him on the McNamara appointment but since his decision to give Jackie a slice of the transfer fees everything has went tits up.
    My first choice now would be for Robbie Neilson and my 2nd would still be Stuart McCall but with the owner's drinking partner now running the club i doubt if any of them will be invited to an interview.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)