+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nazi Dug Guy

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    I'm a pretty liberal cünt in the grand scheme of things, but if you post a video of yourself online saying "Do you want to gas the Jews? C'mon son, let's go gas the Jews" I can't see how it's going to result in anything other than a knock at the door from Plod.
    Why, exactly? Was anyone at risk of physical harm? It was clearly intended to be humorous, not as a call to action.

Where exactly do you draw the line between a joke and "hate speech"? Many contemporary comedians make rape jokes. Rape is a serious crime and it's an entirely reasonable conclusion to reach that such jokes would be grossly offensive and upsetting to a rape victim. Maybe comedians who make rape jokes should receive a knock at the door from the police?

Seems that the response of most people is "Ach, the boy's clearly a bit of a tool so whatever". If it was one of your favourite comedians being charged for saying something deemed offensive I doubt you would be so indifferent.

To be clear, I'm not saying that there isn't a line that shouldn't be crossed. But that's a distinction for us to make culturally and socially not a distinction for the law to make.

Has the guy you are own about just been fined £800?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Has the guy you are own about just been fined £800?
    Yep. Looked very chuffed with it too

F'uckin ridiculous that having a sense of humour is against the law.

Then , if he really meant it

F'uckin ridiculous that having a point of view is against the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Telt ye.

Of course he is. He's getting a lot of publicity and free mainstream coverage. Completely irrelevant to the situation as a point of law.

He raised 80k in a crowd fund set up to pay his fine

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He raised 80k in a crowd fund set up to pay his fine
    All from folk that are raging that they’re not allowed to laugh at Love Thy Neighbour anymore. It’s PC gone mad I tell you

All from folk that are raging that they’re not allowed to laugh at Love Thy Neighbour anymore. It’s PC gone mad I tell you
    Mason, that's weak. Total straw man argument.

The question isn't whether it's in poor taste or even immoral to laugh at certain things. The question is whether certain forms of speech should be a criminal offense.

Holocaust Denial is a crime in certain countries. There are clearly reasons for that. Holocaust denial may be morally reprehensible but should all morally reprehensible speech be made illegal? If that is the standard who decides what is morally reprehensible or what criteria may be applied to determine whether speech is morally reprehensible? I also don't like the idea that there is one accepted view of history. Let the facts stand for themselves.
    Last edited by ragnarok; 26-04-2018 at 06:32 AM.

We’ve been down this road before. I knew the first guy in Scotland to get jail time over inciting racial hatred. They flung the book at him for leafleting pollockshaws with BNP material. At the time, there was a bit of an outcry about freedom of speech issues , sets a dangerous precedent etc etc. You know what happened? F*ck all. Just like f*ck all’s going to change when this bell ends 15 minutes are up. Everyone can relax, the reason he ended up in court was because he’s a bell end. People are still telling offensive jokes & not ending up in front of a judge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast