+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kwik Kwiz Kwestion 4

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Beat me to it Mike. I remember some olde person telling me that once a referee wouldn't allow an away team to play in their kit so they had to use our away kit or some training kit.
    I'm sure I have seen some old footage (Pathe News?) where the Millers are playing in an away kit, in a game at Millmoor, but I don't think that it was v Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    What was significant about Rotherham's game against Lincoln City at Millmoor on Christmas Day 1954?
    First game played with Tivoli-end covered.

Was only 3yr old at the time but can vaguely remember mi fatha coming back from match saying "nice to stand on Tivoli int rain and not get mi hair wet" LOL. U.T.F.M.

First and last time in Xmas day

Teams used to play on christmas day in the black and white times. Hotun may be onto something. Was it the first year we didn't play on Xmas day and played Boxing day instead?

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Wild guess - some mix-up with Lincoln's kit, so they had to play in the Millers' away strip
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    First game played with Tivoli-end covered.
    Well done Archie

Interestingly most of the Rotherham team at that time worked on building the Tivoli end during the summer months think it was Coopers from Greasbro who built it and how many on here can hold their hand up to going to the Tivoli picture house or the dance hall upstairs .

Moi

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Moi
    I bought some second hand furniture there after it ceased to be a cinema and became Elliot's warehouse. Quite a nice building, and a pity that it was demolished.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast