+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mick and Ipswich to Part Ways at Season’s End

Mick and Ipswich to Part Ways at Season’s End

Thread title says it all. The two parties have agreed to a separation at the conclusion of the season. I have my criticisms of his style and tactics, but the man is a great manager for the current situation at Ipswich. I don’t think they’re going to do better. Going to have to do a lot of research and scouting to find an under the radar option that could do better than Mick on the same purse strings.

I don’t think he will have trouble finding a job this summer. Best of luck to him unless he’s facing Wolves.

He's done a good job there on a shoestring budget. I can see him ending up at somewhere like Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    He's done a good job there on a shoestring budget. I can see him ending up at somewhere like Barnsley.
    They don't deserve him.

McCarthy and Terry Connor have left Ipswich Town, got that last victory under their belts against Barnsley tonight.

Was just thinking about this: since 1992, he’s only had five different jobs. How many managers in England (or Europe) can say they’ve had that few of jobs in 26 years without taking more than a year or two away from the game since the 90s?

He’s averaging over five years at each club/team he’s been with. That’s pretty incredible in this day and age. Most managers can barely hold down a job for more than a season it seems.

He’s not a perfect manager, but for non-Prem jobs, he’s one of the best there is. The next club that gets his services will probably not regret it.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)