+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: £22M profit

£22M profit

Great news Burnley recorded a net profit of £22.2m in the year to June 2017 covering their first season back in the Premier compared to a net loss of £3.74m for the previous year in the Championship.

After promotion, turnover tripled to £121m and total staff costs increased from £38m to £61m. Mike Garlick said: "We believe we now have a wage structure capable of attracting playing talent of a sufficient ability to vastly improve the chance of maintaining our place in the top flight, compared to our previous attempts. However we do have to maintain a very close eye on cash flow and keep a very close watch on all our costs.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...premier-league

I believe funds from Keane and Gray transfers are not included in these figures and the risk of relegation is mitigated by a clause in players contracts. Purchases post June are likewise not included, but should be covered by the income from those two.
    Onwards and upwards hopefully.

Link to accounts
    https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/...ounts-2017.pdf

Following the year end the club acquired the player registrations of Charlie Taylor, Jonathan Walters, Jack Cork, Phil Bardsley, Adam Legzdins, Chris Wood and Aaron Lennon on permanent playing contracts. Various existing players have had their contracts renewed or extended.
    The player registrations of Rouwen Hennings, George Boyd, Michael Keane, Michael Kightly, Tendayi Darikwa and Andre Gray have been disposed of after the year end.

“we believe it is important that all shareholders and fans understand that we are still a club that develops talent, especially at the senior level. As we hopefully continue to maintain our Premier League status, this will become a key feature of sustaining our profitability, which we feel is essential if we are to maintain our stability as a club that thinks and plans for the long term, rather than making poor short term decisions under financial pressure.”

The balance sheet now shows net assets of £40.04 million compared to net assets of £17.83 million in the season 2015/16.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 29-03-2018 at 08:05 PM.

The club is being run on sound lines and we are reaping the benefits with a stronger squad and improved facilities. I hope we can keep on progressing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43588902

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    The club is being run on sound lines and we are reaping the benefits with a stronger squad and improved facilities. I hope we can keep on progressing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43588902
    Hard to argue with your very positive summary outwood.

Wages running at around 50% of turnover is very manageable, a lot of clubs can only dream about being in such a position. I would think we've made another £10million or so profit on the transfers after the end of the accounting period, and we should be getting an extra £20million or so in TV rights money this season, because of our much higher probable finishing position.

We might not be Real Madrid or Barcelona, but I doubt there are many clubs in world football in such a sound financial position as we are.

And the really good news about the fact that we are in such a strong financial position, is that Sean Dyche, or indeed any manager, would be daft to walk away from a club in our position, and if there is one thing Sean is most certainly not, it's daft.

Yes sinkov it look like the ducks are in line and cash flow will grow further.

I like this despite what some think of the youth team

"Whilst major investments were made in our playing squad during the close season, we believe it is
    important that all shareholders and fans understand that we are still a club that develops talent,
    especially at the senior level. As we hopefully continue to maintain our Premier League status, this will
    become a key feature of sustaining our profitability, which we feel is essential if we are to maintain our
    stability as a club that thinks and plans for the long term, rather than making poor short term decisions
    under financial pressure."

Younger talent will increasingly look at Burnley as a serious option, the longer we can keep this up, helped by comments from Tripps and our success in getting our players capped for England and other nations.

I have a sense of deja vu from the 50s where this strategy kept us in the First Division for almost 25 years.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 29-03-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Great time to be a Claret!

The Orient game still remains fresh in my mind and it really is unbelievable how we have managed to rise from the ashes and get back to where we belong.

Yes BT it’s Phoenixville too!
    Hope we can carry on like this and with £20m cash in the bank plus residual monies from Keane and Gray we should be able to do so for quite a while.
    Good to see income from tickets, cantering both up £1m, retail sales up £0.5m and sponsorship up £3.5m while staff numbers only rose by 3. The Directors seem to be taking little and are not giving themselves or shareholders any dividends.
    Only downside seems to be we are now paying tax - £5m.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Yes sinkov it look like the ducks are in line and cash flow will grow further.

I like this despite what some think of the youth team

"Whilst major investments were made in our playing squad during the close season, we believe it is
    important that all shareholders and fans understand that we are still a club that develops talent,
    especially at the senior level. As we hopefully continue to maintain our Premier League status, this will
    become a key feature of sustaining our profitability, which we feel is essential if we are to maintain our
    stability as a club that thinks and plans for the long term, rather than making poor short term decisions
    under financial pressure."

Younger talent will increasingly look at Burnley as a serious option, the longer we can keep this up, helped by comments from Tripps and our success in getting our players capped for England and other nations.

I have a sense of deja vu from the 50s where this strategy kept us in the First Division for almost 25 years.
    When I read that OC I got the sense it was referring more to signing young players from other clubs, like Trippier, Mee, Keane, Pope, Tarko, Gray etc. rather than bringing them through our youth system. Finding and developing our own young players would certainly be nice, but it hasn't happened for over 10 years and, as far as I'm aware, there's no one in the pipeline for the near future either. Best we just keep an eye on what other clubs are bringing through, and cherry-pick them while they're still under the radar. We do seem to be good at that.

I don't have the time to constantly watch or monitor our younger players but from a couple of my mates who do they seem to think we have five or six young players who could possibly make the first team.

They are also enamoured with the work Duffer and Danny Cadamarteri are doing.

I have said it many times before but lots of patience is required when developing young players.

Give it a bit of time and I am certain all of the hard work will eventually pay off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)