+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where we are now and Where do we go from here??

The solution to the OP is easy as there is no way we are going up with Csaba in charge -

Tell Csaba not to come to work (not sacked, on full pay) and let Laurie Ellis run the team until end of the season. (Don't think having Luggy in the dressing room too would help the situation, unless Laurie specifically asked for it.)

If we stay down, Csaba goes with no compo (surely that's in his contract).

If we go up, we'll be in a better financial situation so can then tell Csaba he's sacked and pay compo for the remainder of his contract.

Give job to Laurie if he wants it or find a good manager. There is a bit of luck involved in appointing a new manager, but you can take a lot of the luck out of the equation by DOING YOUR HOMEWORK.

Homework was done before appointing Csaba, he has a good track record and, even though from Hungary, had managed in Scotland previously.

If this were another club going through managers like our fans want to at the moment, we'd be laughing our cocks off and asking what the fcuk are they playing at?

They'll be laughing their cocks off more so if we are daft enough to stick with him, especially our biggest haters (hvns and fvns)

If Csaba fails to win promotion via the play offs he will be gone - no board is going to reward failure with a new contract.

It's going to require something very special from the players he selects to save his job.

It's almost mission impossible.

If we can either win or draw the remaining 8 games then this will open a window of opportunity.

Problem is, I think there is worse to come before we hit rock bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Homework was done before appointing Csaba, he has a good track record and, even though from Hungary, had managed in Scotland previously.

If this were another club going through managers like our fans want to at the moment, we'd be laughing our cocks off and asking what the fcuk are they playing at?
    Homework? i'd like to see what they based on the decision on, for me it was purely money Csaba the only one prepared to keep the backroom staff thus saving Mr T money in bringing in more staff plus laying off Rays guys.....

I dont think there was much homework done to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post

Just after he was appointed, I asked ONE PERSON who was at Hearts when Csaba was there who told me the players hated him.

My own view was csaba was a bit of a left field appointment. His record is very mixed. Nowhere he has been a great success. Hearts probably his best spell and that was when there was a but of money there.

Yes we want to have managers for long term but when a manager is very bad the only logical thing is not keep him and make things worse!

Hopefully with this alleged new investment things can be greatly improved over the summer

Who the **** would want to manage us?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Who the **** would want to manage us?
    Someone with vision, someone who see's potential in our club, someone not afraid to take us on, someone with passion.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    Just after he was appointed, I asked ONE PERSON who was at Hearts when Csaba was there who told me the players hated him.
    My Jambo mate worked at Hearts at that time also. Says the quality of players they had at the time were busting a gut to get bigger moves and CARRIED Csaba, not the other way round 😕

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)