+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where we are now and Where do we go from here??

Where we are now and Where do we go from here??

IMO over last few years the club has slumped and become totally dysfunctional. Personally I blame ST. The best players sold. The fans at the chairman. Turned sour against manager by his contract and then results suffered.

The whole atmosphere has gone down. The club feels like it has been brought to its knees. Attendances are lower than I thought would be possible but as Harry Lewis has said the players have offered nothing worth watching. The manager is openly blaming the players.

This is easily the worst situation the club has been in for over 50 years.

Our club is at its lowest ebb.

Let’s hope that this is it and we have reached the bottom. We have got to pull together to try and improve things from here

It seems due to financial constraints that we are stuck with a clown as a manager. Hopefully we do not make more of a laughing stock of ourselves before season end. We are apparently hostage to Csaba’s contract.

Next season we need a new manager. My own preferences would be Hopkin or McCall.

Someone who is hungry and can build a team in their own image to fight for every ball and get us out of this division.

Major wish also is that ST finally goes and has no shareholding and involvement with the club but who knows, we will see how that goes.

I actually think some players are worth keeping. Need a GK. Keep durnan, fyvie, fraser and Mikk and Matty Smith and you start with a spine of a team.

There is still an outside chance that we can go up this season. Let’s hope csaba can be helped along by Ellis and Luggy and a miracle happens.

Otherwise let’s hope that there is a decent pot for next season and that we can romp to this division as we should have done this year

Proud to be an Arab always.

Good post mate,see my reply (post 97) to Shabba GTF thread,that's what we should have done but like many others now i could not give a flying phuck anymore.

i only goto games now in case gotti calls me a part timer.

is it getting harder to goto games - no its what i do. Is it hard to enjoy - has been for years.

so much to say but its all **** really

We actually have no idea what the details of our manager's contact is. This is definitely a case of folk believing what they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    We actually have no idea what the details of our manager's contact is. This is definitely a case of folk believing what they want to.
    That is absolutely correct Terry, however if ST signed off on a manager contract without a non promotion get out clause, then that would be beyond any sort of sane belief. Having said all that I'm currently of two minds. The easy option (and possibly the correct one) would be to 'rest' CL, allow Ellis and Luggy to take us through to the end of the season and see what happens. But what if they then pulled it off? Does CL then resume his job like nothing happened? My other mind is that fundamentally it does come down to the team. Regardless of Manager, with the players we have there is no danger we should be where we are - they have let us down too badly. A line has to be drawn somewhere where the team know that they cannot just 'decide' they fancy a new boss and work their ticket to get one. Hibs spiral started with this sort of nonsense with John Collins and resulted in a succession of managers the players didn't 'like' and ultimately ended in their relegation. Keeping Laszlo may not be the easy decision, but it may be the right one ultimately.

Either way it's a toughie that's for sure.

I think it's the right one. Ultimately, any club that go through managers like we are at the moment are a basket case. Stability is required, regardless of the clamour from a sizeable portion of fans.

Csaba’s contract could potentially expire in May - we have 8 league games left, plus the play offs if we can finish in the top 4.

So, it's possible than in around 6 weeks time his contract could be up for review ( assuming their is a clause in the contract regarding failing to win promotion ).

While there is no doubt that Csaba has made a long list of errors, I think some of the comments about him have been too personal. I am sure he is a good decent guy who is trying his best to motivate and inspire the team - he will be hurting too.

Basically, I think he has 6 weeks to save his job and the players will play an important role in this.

Should we fail to win the play offs then Stuart McCall would be a good shout.

In the 8 games remaining it would be good if we could all rally round and support the team and manager - I think it would give them a lift, shouting abuse at the players or manager won't improve matters.

The clock is ticking and I think he has 6 weeks to pull off the surprise of the season and win the play offs or fall on his sword.

I can't see us winning the play offs - but I hope to be proved wrong.

I think there is zero (well, almost) chance we can get promoted this season.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think there is zero (well, almost) chance we can get promoted this season.
    100% correct mate,i think there is more chance of us missing rather than winning the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    IMO over last few years the club has slumped and become totally dysfunctional. Personally I blame ST. The best players sold. The fans at the chairman. Turned sour against manager by his contract and then results suffered.

The whole atmosphere has gone down. The club feels like it has been brought to its knees. Attendances are lower than I thought would be possible but as Harry Lewis has said the players have offered nothing worth watching. The manager is openly blaming the players.

This is easily the worst situation the club has been in for over 50 years.

Our club is at its lowest ebb.

Let’s hope that this is it and we have reached the bottom. We have got to pull together to try and improve things from here

It seems due to financial constraints that we are stuck with a clown as a manager. Hopefully we do not make more of a laughing stock of ourselves before season end. We are apparently hostage to Csaba’s contract.

Next season we need a new manager. My own preferences would be Hopkin or McCall.

Someone who is hungry and can build a team in their own image to fight for every ball and get us out of this division.

Major wish also is that ST finally goes and has no shareholding and involvement with the club but who knows, we will see how that goes.

I actually think some players are worth keeping. Need a GK. Keep durnan, fyvie, fraser and Mikk and Matty Smith and you start with a spine of a team.

There is still an outside chance that we can go up this season. Let’s hope csaba can be helped along by Ellis and Luggy and a miracle happens.

Otherwise let’s hope that there is a decent pot for next season and that we can romp to this division as we should have done this year

Proud to be an Arab always.
    Not much to disagree with here. One thing for sure is that every fan is very unhappy about the current situation. Everything is cyclical, what goes around comes around. Here’s to the return of success and prosperity! Arabest...⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)