+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where we are now and Where do we go from here??

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    That is absolutely correct Terry, however if ST signed off on a manager contract without a non promotion get out clause, then that would be beyond any sort of sane belief. Having said all that I'm currently of two minds. The easy option (and possibly the correct one) would be to 'rest' CL, allow Ellis and Luggy to take us through to the end of the season and see what happens. But what if they then pulled it off? Does CL then resume his job like nothing happened? My other mind is that fundamentally it does come down to the team. Regardless of Manager, with the players we have there is no danger we should be where we are - they have let us down too badly. A line has to be drawn somewhere where the team know that they cannot just 'decide' they fancy a new boss and work their ticket to get one. Hibs spiral started with this sort of nonsense with John Collins and resulted in a succession of managers the players didn't 'like' and ultimately ended in their relegation. Keeping Laszlo may not be the easy decision, but it may be the right one ultimately.

Either way it's a toughie that's for sure.

Agree with most of this

However sticking with csaba is not the correct or wise decision for us going forward, we need stability but that will only come when we have the right manager in place, we definitely do hot

That's certainly not definite. But where do we end? Go though another 10 managers giving each a few months until we find one you like?

Good opening post but if were wanting to keep boys like durnan and mikkelsen then we'll never get out this division, long and short is there just not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think there is zero (well, almost) chance we can get promoted this season.
    We are punching above our weight with our 4th place in the Championship.

Currently we have the 6th best goals for record.

Currently we have the 6th worst goals against record.

Currently we have the 6th best goals difference record.

Our true position is 6th place in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    Good opening post but if were wanting to keep boys like durnan and mikkelsen then we'll never get out this division, long and short is there just not good enough.
    Agree....i nearly cried when i read Durnan's name there for keeping.....but where do we go? the $64,000 question

1. The Club as a business must turn a profit
    a) If they aren't making profit then they must cut costs in order to do so, St Andrews has been muted, i believe they employ a chef for that place, cut expenses, i'm sure some staff will be let loose, basically we can't spend like a premiership club in the championship

2. The Structure needs a shake up, we need to ensure the coaches from the grass roots up to the senior team have the same principles and all coaches being developed themselves

3. Players contracts need to include the 20 mile radius of staying in or near dundee, for me it creates team spirit and the players dont pi$$ off back to the west coast and forget that result/performance, also should reduce stress of travel for the players, not to mention there actually putting money back into local businesses etc

4. United have to ensure our youth system is well supported, see point 2 about coaches

5. We need to get everyone from the fans to the chairman pulling in the right direction for example if the fans want to store banners etc at the ground, that should be accommodated, season ticket holders should be in a draw to win an away day with the team e

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    That's certainly not definite. But where do we end? Go though another 10 managers giving each a few months until we find one you like?

As far as the vast majority of fans it's definite, and as for finding one I like? I back managers more than most who do a good job and actually prove they have a clue, both with tactics, selections, results, handling media, whether the players are busting a gut for the club, I wanted csaba to be the right one but he clearly isn't and will be a mistake to continue with him

Ray was far more worthy of sticking with than Csaba anyway

And yes if it means going through ten then so be it, however clearly we need to be better when it comes to appointing the next man, there are a good few decent options available to us, Hopkins, Houston, Neilson, McCall etc

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    As far as the vast majority of fans it's definite, and as for finding one I like? I back managers more than most who do a good job and actually prove they have a clue, both with tactics, selections, results, handling media, whether the players are busting a gut for the club, I wanted csaba to be the right one but he clearly isn't and will be a mistake to continue with him

And yes if it means going through ten then so be it, however clearly we need to be better when it comes to appointing the next man, there are a good few decent options available to us, Hopkins, Houston, Neilson, McCall etc
    Hopkins. Na, yet another gamble.

Houston. Meh, fkd off when he thought he'd get a better job somewhere else after winning the cup with Leveins players then cited he couldn't take the team any further. No for me.

Neilson. Holy fk. Hell no

McCall. Wouldnt mind him to be honest.

Dont know what the length of Steve Clarkes contract is at Killie but if he's up for a challenge and wants to come to a bigger club then he's our man.

If csaba doesn’t have a non promotion release clause then we should have punted him by now as no point in delaying the inevitable.

Ultimately (assuming we have no choice) I think we have to back the team and manager to end of the season and hope that luggy and everyone help deliver a miracle in that we go up.

After that my vote would be for Hopkin or McCall as manager

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Hopkins. Na, yet another gamble.

Houston. Meh, fkd off when he thought he'd get a better job somewhere else after winning the cup with Leveins players then cited he couldn't take the team any further. No for me.

Neilson. Holy fk. Hell no

McCall. Wouldnt mind him to be honest.

Dont know what the length of Steve Clarkes contract is at Killie but if he's up for a challenge and wants to come to a bigger club then he's our man.
    Agree on 1st 3.

Don’t think McCall will want to upset his hun pals , will steer clear probs. He’s a mixed record anyways.

Clarke will get a bigger gig offered or he might just drop down to The Rangers for the money. Really see him going down south though

[QUOTE=shedka;38842145]As far as the vast majority of fans it's definite, and as for finding one I like? I back managers more than most who do a good job and actually prove they have a clue, both with tactics, selections, results, handling media, whether the players are busting a gut for the club, I wanted csaba to be the right one but he clearly isn't and will be a mistake to continue with him

And yes if it means going through ten then so be it, however clearly we need to be better when it comes to appointing the next man, there are a good few decent options available to us, Hopkins, Houston, Neilson, McCall etc[/QUOTE]

Sheds, my feelings are their reputations would nose-dive at Tannadice the way things are.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)