+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yulia Skripal conscious and talking

Porton Down is eight miles away from where the victims were poisoned.

I am not a great believer in "coincidences".

Perhaps we should take the Russians up on their offer, let them have a look and tell us where it came from.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Perhaps we should take the Russians up on their offer, let them have a look and tell us where it came from.
    I told you weeks ago we are being played. From Russia my arse...

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...inionconnectuk

Yulia speaks out
    I don’t want Russian embassy help and my cousin does not speak for me nor do I want her to visit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...assy-help.html

I can't help but wonder if this "Nerve gas attack" and the "Chemical weapons gig" in Gouda are somehow really inextricably linked?

In any event, one of these will be popping up anytime soon near to Balan. Get the zoom lens ready Balan...

Attachment 9103

What I found scary was the hysterical reaction to Corbyn's statement that the alleged use chemical weapons in Syria should be thoroughly investigated, and the culprits reliably ascertained, before drawing any conclusions or taking any military action. For proposing such a sensible, responsible course of action he was treated as though he was a war criminal or traitor himself.

It seems the utter carnage wrought on the region by the lies told about Saddam's WMDs has been forgotten already, and our grandstanding leaders can't wait to go down the same road again. So we blow a few planes up, wreck an airfield. Then what ?

Exactly. It feels like Iraq all over again - we are relying on (possibly) false information.

Heres what Vince thinks.

Dear Jim

I am certain that you are as appalled as I am about the horrific scenes coming out of Syria.

The use of chemical weapons is barbaric. It is a crime against humanity and it is a clear violation of international law.

The Liberal Democrats are an internationalist, outward-looking party - and part of that is being willing to play our part in upholding international law.

In the next few days, it is possible the Government will ask MPs to decide on potential military action in Syria. This is not a decision we will ever make lightly.

As Leader, I want to be clear with you how I and our group in Parliament will make such a decision.

Firstly, in advance of any debate or vote, the Government should share with Parliament what evidence it has of the Syrian Government’s involvement, and that of their Russian backers, in last weekend’s attack.

Secondly, the Government must present the objectives of any proposed action to Parliament. Any proposed action should be targeted at reducing the capacity of the Syrian regime to repeat these attacks.

Thirdly, any response should be on a multilateral basis. A unilateral response by any country, outside of a wider strategy, without the support of their allies is not the way forward.

And of course, there MUST be a full and frank debate and vote in the House of Commons ahead of any military action.

We will judge any military action the Government proposes against these tests.

This is not a decision we will make lightly, or without the fullest consideration of the evidence. If you would like to share your views on this with me, please email leader@libdems.org.uk

I will keep you informed as the situation develops.

With best wishes,
    Vince

Me and JC both say without hard evidence...

Attachment 9106

Very interesting interview on BBC Breakfast this morning with a former Ambasssador to Syria. He certainly seemed to think that there is a lot of false information being fed to the world in general and was advocating that no decisions should be made until the UN people had been in to assess whether it was indeed a chemical attack or whether it was fake news because none of the video footage which has been shown can be verified and it was all done by the same people who have faked things in the past.
    I have said on this board for a long time that we do not have any leaders worth their salt these days and we went into Iraq and Afghanistan quite blindly without ever considering the wider outcome, I have a feeling that it will be a case of 'Here we go again'

What has Yulia to do with Syria???
    Sweet FA.

I can't help but wonder if this "Nerve gas attack" and the "Chemical weapons gig" in Gouda are somehow really inextricably linked?

BT Well Russia is involved in both, though they deny both demand evidence and suggest MI6 did it ... as do you if I’m not mistaken.

She suspects her boyfriend and his mother are involved in her situation, as does Yulias publicity seeking Cousin now, but they have disappeared. I don’t think they went to Syria.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 12-04-2018 at 09:38 AM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)