+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Players for next season

Players for next season

I know it's too early to say as we still have an outside chance of promotion, but surely Nolo is starting to think which of the current squad he wants to stick around for next season. I have no idea who is out of contract and who isn't, but here are the players I would want to keep.

Fitzsimmons - the red card was ridiculous, but he's a decent young keeper.
    Jones - quality left back on his day
    Brisley - solid lower-league CB
    Tootle - a bit off the boil recently but still a good RB at this level
    Hewitt - probably our most valuable player and will only improve
    Noble - I think there's more to come from him (he's defo under contract next season as well)
    Husin - some great games and some awful ones, but plenty of potential
    O'Connor - if he can regain his fitness and form

That's it. The rest can go. As much as I respect the likes of Shola and Stead, it's time they moved on. Either would be OK as a bit-part players, but they are probably some of our highest earners. The likes of Hawkridge, Allesandra, Dickinson and Collin simply aren't good enough.

This summer is a big one. The squad needs overhauling, but we need to keep (or reignite) the team spirit and passion that made us so successful earlier this season.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 30-03-2018 at 07:14 AM.

I completely agree !

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    I completely agree !

Look, this is Notts County Mad message board. You are not allowed to agree with each other, get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I know it's too early to say as we still have an outside chance of promotion, but surely Nolo is starting to think which of the current squad he wants to stick around for next season. I have no idea who is out of contract and who isn't, but here are the players I would want to keep.

Fitzsimmons - the red card was ridiculous, but he's a decent young keeper.
    Jones - quality left back on his day
    Brisley - solid lower-league CB
    Tootle - a bit off the boil recently but still a good RB at this level
    Hewitt - probably our most valuable player and will only improve
    Noble - I think there's more to come from him (he's defo under contract next season as well)
    Husin - some great games and some awful ones, but plenty of potential
    O'Connor - if he can regain his fitness and form

That's it. The rest can go. As much as I respect the likes of Shola and Stead, it's time they moved on. Either would be OK as a bit-part players, but they are probably some of our highest earners. The likes of Hawkridge, Allesandra, Dickinson and Collin simply aren't good enough.

This summer is a big one. The squad needs overhauling, but we need to keep (or reignite) the team spirit and passion that made us so successful earlier this season.
    Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Look, this is Notts County Mad message board. You are not allowed to agree with each other, get a grip.
    Check your facts, man. There was a time about three years ago that I even agreed with you.

Come on guys, don't make me disagree with myself. I will if I have to.

Totally agree with that, but knowing us we shall probably keep all the crap and get rid of the best ones...

I think Hawkridge and Alessandra are on 2 year deals. I might be wrong. I hope I am !!

Wouldn't you try to buy Jorge Grant or Ben Hall? Or recall Curtis?

Need to try and buy Jorge Grant if they haven't already done so, not sure about any others.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast