+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wigan away tickets

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    800 sold with 400 left , probably be pay on day
    Decent support that from genuine millers.

I'll take the same result as 15 years ago this week when a 2-0 victory there sparked our promotion run in. Time for the players to stand up and be counted in a game where there's nothing really to lose.

There’s still some that are going but not got tickets yet, think it’ll be over a thousand

There’s a bar at away end and the red robin pub next to club (I’m sure it was plastic glasses last time I was in)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I'll take the same result as 15 years ago this week when a 2-0 victory there sparked our promotion run in. Time for the players to stand up and be counted in a game where there's nothing really to lose.
    One of my all-time favourite Millers "away days" - great team performance and what a goal from Kevin Watson! We were going into that game as underdogs too.
    Went in a minibus from the Kingfisher, now sadly demolished.
    Date was actually 21st April 2001
    Last edited by mikemiller; 11-04-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Their old ground Springfield Park around 1960 when they were non league

Name:  wigan 1960.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  92.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Their old ground Springfield Park around 1960 when they were non league
    It didn't change much in their first few seasons in the league. Part of the terracing was just a muddy grass bank. Also, it was one of the most difficult grounds in the league to find, despite being very close "as the crow flies" to the current ground. It was down the back of a housing estate on the other side of the river, and appeared to be completely un-signposted

I went to a minor cup competition game there vs the Millers - auto windscreens or similar.

We signed Paul Warne from Wigan as a player and I think he joined us just before their new ground was built

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    One of my all-time favourite Millers "away days" - great team performance and what a goal from Kevin Watson! We were going into that game as underdogs too.
    Went in a minibus from the Kingfisher, now sadly demolished.
    Date was actually 21st April 2001
    Thanks Mike. Mixing up my 2001 visit with one in 2003. I was in England that day and saw us beat Northampton at Millmoor on the Monday before the Wigan game. Unfortunately on that Saturday I was on a family outing to Legoland and with no smart phones had to wait until we got to a hotel later that night to see we had won on Sky Sports News.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Thanks Mike. Mixing up my 2001 visit with one in 2003. I was in England that day and saw us beat Northampton at Millmoor on the Monday before the Wigan game. Unfortunately on that Saturday I was on a family outing to Legoland and with no smart phones had to wait until we got to a hotel later that night to see we had won on Sky Sports News.
    The Kevin Watson game was on the same day as the match where Roy Keane got sent off for deliberately kicking Alfie Haland of Leeds - we stopped at a pub on our way to Wigan ,and that was the early kick-off game on the tv.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 11-04-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Looks like it’s going to be a nice day (no rain) so won't be a damper for fans

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast