+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Morris. Is he good for the club?

We are now living with his early cock-ups in the shape of FFP restrictions. Seriously, if the guy was not local he would have been drummed out of town by now.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    We are now living with his early cock-ups in the shape of FFP restrictions. Seriously, if the guy was not local he would have been drummed out of town by now.
    Why would we have ‘drummed out’ the most generous owner I can remember?
    I fully accept he has his faults and I’m only reassured by the ‘local’ bit...don’t think it’s conditional...but are you sure the ‘cock ups’ were his?
    He’s been accused of being egotistical and too ‘hands on’...imo he might just have been too trusting.

Agree but he is a local man and fan putting in the money, until we get get Bill gates taking over be happy with what we've got.

Angry. I can assure you that was never me on another forum I've never been on any other forum maybe someone with a similar username but its not me What the suck is egotistical about Morris standing in the South Stand Bret Wilson always stood in there when the Yanks owned us Have you ever thought maybe your the one with the ego If your denying you've hated Morris since day one then your not telling the truth I'm no happy clapper nobody slates the team on here more than me One things for certain you will never muller me

Did what they had to do. Been downhill ever since..
    How can you describe the change from being a perpetual mid table club to one that in most seasons is at least challenging for promtion until nearly the last game? That isn't remotely accurate.

Don't disagree that Morris has made some odd decisions, sacking Clement when we were 5th being one - I'd have at least waited until the end of the season but maybe there were other reasons behind that, but it still smells of bad management.

Getting McClaren back was pointless - on the whole though has Morris done much worse than other owners, either at Derby or other similar clubs? besides which he was it seems the only one prepared to put his money down so should at least be given credit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Why would we have ‘drummed out’ the most generous owner I can remember?
    I fully accept he has his faults and I’m only reassured by the ‘local’ bit...don’t think it’s conditional...but are you sure the ‘cock ups’ were his?
    He’s been accused of being egotistical and too ‘hands on’...imo he might just have been too trusting.
    He's been generous, yes but largely wasted the whole bloody lot.. Who's cock-ups where they then?
    He set the structure, he either kept or appointed people in positions. Pearce for example, how did he not spot the Rush (alledged) issues? Too trusting !! That does not excuse anything? I thought he was some sort of super businessman..
    I'm sorry the buck stops with him, it's his watch. This is why I scratch my head over people defense of him, had his name been Fawaz and he had been from the middle east.... The screaming would be deafening.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    How can you describe the change from being a perpetual mid table club to one that in most seasons is at least challenging for promtion until nearly the last game? That isn't remotely accurate.

Don't disagree that Morris has made some odd decisions, sacking Clement when we were 5th being one - I'd have at least waited until the end of the season but maybe there were other reasons behind that, but it still smells of bad management.

Getting McClaren back was pointless - on the whole though has Morris done much worse than other owners, either at Derby or other similar clubs? besides which he was it seems the only one prepared to put his money down so should at least be given credit for that.
    But we were not. GSE where in situ when Mac got us to the play off final, he took over after that. That was the pinnacle in our recent history. And it's been downhill ever since.

But we were not. GSE where in situ when Mac got us to the play off final, he took over after that. That was the pinnacle in our recent history. And it's been downhill ever since.
    That’s a fair point...but do you really think he selected the transfer targets and worked out the contracts?
    I don’t...I think he has the best interests of DCFC at heart...others, probably including Rush, are the ones who have cocked up, imo.
    MM may have been naive...surprisingly so...but he’s been accused of everything from egotistical interference to not being sufficiently ‘hands on’...can’t have it both ways.
    I’d blame various staff, players and managers for the current situation before Morris. Not Morris’ fault that Martin and Blackman both forgot how to score, Johnson plays more like a wimp than a warrior, Butterfield looks disinterested and clueless and Thorne is seldom available...MM just provided the funding.

That’s a fair point...but do you really think he selected the transfer targets and worked out the contracts?
    I don’t...I think he has the best interests of DCFC at heart...others, probably including Rush, are the ones who have cocked up, imo.
    MM may have been naive...surprisingly so...but he’s been accused of everything from egotistical interference to not being sufficiently ‘hands on’...can’t have it both ways.
    I’d blame various staff, players and managers for the current situation before Morris. Not Morris’ fault that Martin and Blackman both forgot how to score, Johnson plays more like a wimp than a warrior, Butterfield looks disinterested and clueless and Thorne is seldom available...MM just provided the funding.
    To be fair to Martin, he didn't really get a run. Also I think he didn't fit into Rowetts formation. I still think he's a decent player and would be a bargain for anyone for around 3million. I can't think of many players valued around 3million better than Martin.

Oh come on.. Of course he did not select the transfer targets, or at least I hope he didnt. Do you think Venky's selected transfer targets? They are still pilloried for being bad owners.

I don't deny he has the clubs best interests at heart, but he has shown to be a bumbling fool showing those best interests.

You can blame the various staff and that might be valid but it's HIS watch. Again, just when does he start to take responsibility? It seems it's everyone elses fault but his if I read your post correctly. You blame the managers that HE appointed !!! Just what do you think he asked Pearson at the interview? What did YOU expect that Pearson would bring to the role? Pearson is Pearson, it was Morris call to employ him. Mac 2 WTF was that all about?

''MM just provided the funding'' So he is an investor then, not a Chairman.. Point proved.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)