+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Morris. Is he good for the club?

Morris. Is he good for the club?

With all the dirty laundry that seems to follow him around and his apparent massive ego, which seems to cloud some of his judgements I am not sure he is good for the club's long term reputation. He does not come across as being a very likeable chap, but as I don't know him that's just a personal judgement based upon all I have read over the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    With all the dirty laundry that seems to follow him around and his apparent massive ego, which seems to cloud some of his judgements I am not sure he is good for the club's long term reputation. He does not come across as being a very likeable chap, but as I don't know him that's just a personal judgement based upon all I have read over the past few years.
    Can’t fault his generosity...all seems very strange. Suspect some of the other characters are a little egotistical and none too pleasant either. Oh for the days when owners owned and managers managed although, in our case, that seems many decades ago.

OTR not really sure what his dirty laundry is supposed to be If you mean trying to claw back some of the £7million somebody has lost you he's only doing what anybody lse would do I've been in his company several times and can assure you he doesn't have an ego at all In fact he's a very quiet unassuming generous man who is doing his best to make our club a success Of course he's made mistakes what owner hasn't but he goes way beyond any other owner of our club has in doing his best for the fans We could have a lot worse than MM remember the the amigos and Murdo McKay Count your blessings don't believe everything you read and we will get there

Not has wealthy as he likes to make out either imo. I'm getting a feeling he's not worth any more than 100m and that in football terms is pretty much chump change. We really could be in deep s*** if this is true as well, because this team is taking us nowhere but down the league.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    OTR not really sure what his dirty laundry is supposed to be If you mean trying to claw back some of the £7million somebody has lost you he's only doing what anybody lse would do I've been in his company several times and can assure you he doesn't have an ego at all In fact he's a very quiet unassuming generous man who is doing his best to make our club a success Of course he's made mistakes what owner hasn't but he goes way beyond any other owner of our club has in doing his best for the fans We could have a lot worse than MM remember the the amigos and Murdo McKay Count your blessings don't believe everything you read and we will get there

Give me three positives from his tenure?
    He’s not a football chairman.

Waste of time me giving you anything you have been against him since day one Along with your hatred of Keogh

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Waste of time me giving you anything you have been against him since day one Along with your hatred of Keogh
    I will take that as you can’t then..

He so shown exactly zip since day one.. That’s why. Don’t think’ I have posted anything about Keogh for years. He is what he is.

Don’t worry Morris is a local lad, I am sure it will be alright in the end.

What would the alternative to Morris be though? I’m not being clever, genuinely dunno, and I’d prefer a local meddler than one from, let’s say, Greece

Take what you want mate you only ever say anything negative anyway Yes suppose Keogh is what he is a bit like yourself

1- He saved us from the Americans who were drip feeding us, financially and with no plans for the future apart from to sell for a profit......which they did

2- He's invested heavily in the academy as well as PP facilities future proofing them some might say with his OWN money

3- He's a local guy and a Derby fan who only wants the best for Derby and it's fans, he's made some mistakes along the way and he'll likely make some more before he hands over the reins

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)