+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Morris. Is he good for the club?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Angry has a point here definitely
    How?

We won a game today so is that Mels fault too or does he only get it in the neck when we lose?

Stenson Don't waste your time with them Still they can't explain what he's actually done wrong Never thought it was a crime to spend your own money They want an owner like Sunderland he stopped spending money 18 months ago saying he wouldn't put another penny of his money in the club Look what's happened to them and that's with parachute money

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Stenson Don't waste your time with them Still they can't explain what he's actually done wrong Never thought it was a crime to spend your own money They want an owner like Sunderland he stopped spending money 18 months ago saying he wouldn't put another penny of his money in the club Look what's happened to them and that's with parachute money
    Spot on! If only success in football was simply dipping into ones pocket and making the right decision every time! I guess some so called fans like nothing better than bitching about their club, with Mel we have someone who is keeping the club afloat and working towards getting us promoted.

I hope we stick with Rowett for another season have some stability and hopefully kick on but in football nothing's a given and thats part of its attraction, why even the experts at manure don't get it right every time!

Since he took over I think the club has gone backwards with too much of his meddling. Can't say I liked the Yanks much but we seemed to be making slow but steady progress in the right direction on the playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    How?

We won a game today so is that Mels fault too or does he only get it in the neck when we lose?
    I have never blamed him for individual results so do not see the relevance of your comment, unless that was aimed at Angry?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not sure how you reach that conclusion. I say ‘the fault lies with under achieving players, poor management and some of the contracts allegedly sanctioned by Rush, who...’was not a Morris appointment’...and you claim that means I agree with you that he’s a ‘****e chairman’.
    How the hell does that work?
    Out of interest...what, or who, would you prefer to be running our club?
    I was pulling your chain.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    His Job???? What the **** are you on about? He owns the ****ing club, he paid for it and is paying to keep it going! Its arsehole fans who think they could do the job better (oh if only they were millionaires..oh wait a minute maybe the reason they aren't is because they are not as bright as they think they are!) who must be the bane of every owners life. You'd have to be a masochist toe ven own a football club.

Nobody is saying Mel is the perfect chairman, doubt if one exists, but the guy has kept the club challenging for promotion since he took over ownership - ask Forest and Leeds fans whats happened to their clubs in that period!

Its easy to point the finger, but very much doubt you would do any better if put int he same situation.

What more can we ask for as a fan of a club than that each season there is at least a realistic chance of promotion? Mels managed that in every season he has been owner, there are many clubs of the same stature as Derby who haven't.

Your slagging him off is way over the top and franlly pathetic - by all means criticise, but to say he hasn't been good for the club or doesn't have its best interests at heart is laughable.
    You been at the bitter pills.. Arsehole fans, you ****ing muppet. Are we not allowed an opinion?
    Who said he does not have the clubs best interests at heart? Yes, it is his JOB, what else is it, his play thing.. Would you be happy with that, a ****ing toy. Owners put money in, he's spunked his..

'Fan of the club' is the problem, he has not thought things throuh rationally.

Are we not allowed an opinion Marvellous coming from somebody who calls everybody who challenges him a happy clapper.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    I was pulling your chain.
    Someone’s certainly been pulling yours, ...and you still haven’t answered the second bit.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    You been at the bitter pills.. Arsehole fans, you ****ing muppet. Are we not allowed an opinion?
    Who said he does not have the clubs best interests at heart? Yes, it is his JOB, what else is it, his play thing.. Would you be happy with that, a ****ing toy. Owners put money in, he's spunked his..

'Fan of the club' is the problem, he has not thought things throuh rationally.
    The only muppet is you sounding bitter twisted and a little barking!

Theres opinions and there is unwarranted character assassination. How is it HIS job FFS?

Where did I say toy, though the reality is its his money, he owns the club and despite what fans think can pretty much do as he wants, BUT he doesn't - not sure how come your the font of wisdom anyhow and as the saying goes he who pays the piper calls the tune and from my position and that of any half sentient fan he has not done a bad job, certainly the club is not in decline as you rather foolishly claimed.

Under performing? Possibly theres an argument for that but on the whole in the club is where it can reasonably expect to be.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)