+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Morris. Is he good for the club?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Oh come on.. Of course he did not select the transfer targets, or at least I hope he didnt. Do you think Venky's selected transfer targets? They are still pilloried for being bad owners.

I don't deny he has the clubs best interests at heart, but he has shown to be a bumbling fool showing those best interests.

You can blame the various staff and that might be valid but it's HIS watch. Again, just when does he start to take responsibility? It seems it's everyone elses fault but his if I read your post correctly. You blame the managers that HE appointed !!! Just what do you think he asked Pearson at the interview? What did YOU expect that Pearson would bring to the role? Pearson is Pearson, it was Morris call to employ him. Mac 2 WTF was that all about?

''MM just provided the funding'' So he is an investor then, not a Chairman.. Point proved.
    I think you’re missing my point. I’m not denying that Morris has made mistakes, or that some of his (or probably not his alone) appointments have been flawed, but the difference between him and the likes of the Venkys is that he is a committed supporter who is prepared to invest more of his wealth than you and I can can even imagine...and they are opportunist business men.
    The man is DCFC through and through, for that reason, coupled with the huge financial ‘investment’ he has made, I continue to have faith in the man.
    You have been opposed/had your doubts (delete as appropriate) since day one, that’s fair enough...we see things differently...but to me the fault lies with under achieving players, poor management (not a go at Rowett) and some of the contracts allegedly sanctioned by Rush, who, lest we forget, was not a Morris appointment.

So what your saying is the first time an owner makes a mistake he should sell up because as you say the buck stops with him, using that logic then clubs would get through owners faster than tea bags

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    So what your saying is the first time an owner makes a mistake he should sell up because as you say the buck stops with him, using that logic then clubs would get through owners faster than tea bags
    Not one mistake, years of them.. I supported him in the beginning but could not understand the blind loyalty just because he is local and a fan. That does not make you a good chairman alone. I liked the Clement appointment and was happy with what he was trying to do.. You explain the rest because I cannot..

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I think you’re missing my point. I’m not denying that Morris has made mistakes, or that some of his (or probably not his alone) appointments have been flawed, but the difference between him and the likes of the Venkys is that he is a committed supporter who is prepared to invest more of his wealth than you and I can can even imagine...and they are opportunist business men.
    The man is DCFC through and through, for that reason, coupled with the huge financial ‘investment’ he has made, I continue to have faith in the man.
    You have been opposed/had your doubts (delete as appropriate) since day one, that’s fair enough...we see things differently...but to me the fault lies with under achieving players, poor management (not a go at Rowett) and some of the contracts allegedly sanctioned by Rush, who, lest we forget, was not a Morris appointment.
    So you agree then, he’s a ****e chairman.. At last agreement..

Not one mistake, years of them.. I supported him in the beginning but could not understand the blind loyalty just because he is local and a fan. That does not make you a good chairman alone. I liked the Clement appointment and was happy with what he was trying to do.. You explain the rest because I cannot..
    Ok so what do you propose he does then if the buck stops with him, I think your implying he does one, sells up and goes.......that is what your saying isn't it?

Take a look along the A52 if you want evidence of a poorly run club, Nigel Doughty - lovely bloke, lifelong forest fan, ploughed money into the club(as loans though), fans eventually hounded him out for lack of progress. Club is sold to F**kwit Fawaz - lovely bloke, lifelong forest fan, ploughed money into the club, fans eventually hounded him out, you could argue for a lack of progress.

So thats 2 owners in a row that have made mistakes and poor decsisions or were poorly advised.....both GONE!

Now lets see, 3rd owner comes in, admittedly hasn't had much time to make many mistakes bar appointing and then sacking some managers, probably safe to say isn't squeaky clean and has a very lets say 'interesting' past; some of it may just be about to catch up with him.....

So 3 owners in a row and they haven't found a good one yet.

And your calling Mel for wasting 'HIS MONEY' on a club he used HIS MONEY to buy from gse, he paid the debts off with HIS OWN MONEY, expanded Moor Farm gaining cat1 status USING HIS OWN MONEY

Some fans are just purely fixated on goals going in, yes they win you games and wins get you to the promised land but if football were that simple every club would be doing it, getting to the promised land will have ups and down, good results and bad results, good decisions made, poor decisions made

What you don't want is an owner that alienates himself from the fans, bleeds the club dry, doesn't invest, pockets all the money or isn't a fan

I don't think we have any of that with Mel, he ain't perfect and he's made some wrong moves, so have I but I'm not perfect either.......like you!

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Ok so what do you propose he does then if the buck stops with him, I think your implying he does one, sells up and goes.......that is what your saying isn't it?

Take a look along the A52 if you want evidence of a poorly run club, Nigel Doughty - lovely bloke, lifelong forest fan, ploughed money into the club(as loans though), fans eventually hounded him out for lack of progress. Club is sold to F**kwit Fawaz - lovely bloke, lifelong forest fan, ploughed money into the club, fans eventually hounded him out, you could argue for a lack of progress.

So thats 2 owners in a row that have made mistakes and poor decsisions or were poorly advised.....both GONE!

Now lets see, 3rd owner comes in, admittedly hasn't had much time to make many mistakes bar appointing and then sacking some managers, probably safe to say isn't squeaky clean and has a very lets say 'interesting' past; some of it may just be about to catch up with him.....

So 3 owners in a row and they haven't found a good one yet.

And your calling Mel for wasting 'HIS MONEY' on a club he used HIS MONEY to buy from gse, he paid the debts off with HIS OWN MONEY, expanded Moor Farm gaining cat1 status USING HIS OWN MONEY

Some fans are just purely fixated on goals going in, yes they win you games and wins get you to the promised land but if football were that simple every club would be doing it, getting to the promised land will have ups and down, good results and bad results, good decisions made, poor decisions made

What you don't want is an owner that alienates himself from the fans, bleeds the club dry, doesn't invest, pockets all the money or isn't a fan

I don't think we have any of that with Mel, he ain't perfect and he's made some wrong moves, so have I but I'm not perfect either.......like you!
    Oh ffs who said I was perfect, I didn’t so what’s that got to do with anything? Did it make you feel better about yourself?
    I have said before I want him to do his job, if he can’t then sell, if he can then happy days. There are plenty of good owners out there, so why if Morris sells do we have to by default have a Fawaz. Forest have nothing to do with us..
    What’s to say we can’t get someone who is better? We might do, we might not.. You can only comment on what we have now, you ain’t got a crystal ball, neither have I.. Yes he wasted HIS money, brilliant, shining example of a good businessman and chairman.. Tip ****in top.
    Jeez this site is hard to us when quoting someone.. scrolling backwards and forwards..

Oh sorry I mistakenly thought you were perfect and never made a wrong decision in your life; my bad!

'Plenty of good owners out there', yes I suspect there are however i used the Fawaz example that the next one may not necessarily be better than the last one, sometimes its better the devil you know than the one you don't so I think forest is very relevant ACTUALLY!!!

So you've confirmed it then, you want owners of clubs to sell up and take their money with them at the slightest mistake or bad decision made, sorry but it don't work like that, wonder what your boss thinks about your stance, he'd p*** himself if he knew

So you agree then, he’s a ****e chairman.. At last agreement..
    Not sure how you reach that conclusion. I say ‘the fault lies with under achieving players, poor management and some of the contracts allegedly sanctioned by Rush, who...’was not a Morris appointment’...and you claim that means I agree with you that he’s a ‘****e chairman’.
    How the hell does that work?
    Out of interest...what, or who, would you prefer to be running our club?

Oh ffs who said I was perfect, I didn’t so what’s that got to do with anything? Did it make you feel better about yourself?
    I have said before I want him to do his job, if he can’t then sell, if he can then happy days. There are plenty of good owners out there, so why if Morris sells do we have to by default have a Fawaz. Forest have nothing to do with us..
    What’s to say we can’t get someone who is better? We might do, we might not.. You can only comment on what we have now, you ain’t got a crystal ball, neither have I.. Yes he wasted HIS money, brilliant, shining example of a good businessman and chairman.. Tip ****in top.
    Jeez this site is hard to us when quoting someone.. scrolling backwards and forwards..
    His Job???? What the **** are you on about? He owns the ****ing club, he paid for it and is paying to keep it going! Its arsehole fans who think they could do the job better (oh if only they were millionaires..oh wait a minute maybe the reason they aren't is because they are not as bright as they think they are!) who must be the bane of every owners life. You'd have to be a masochist toe ven own a football club.

Nobody is saying Mel is the perfect chairman, doubt if one exists, but the guy has kept the club challenging for promotion since he took over ownership - ask Forest and Leeds fans whats happened to their clubs in that period!

Its easy to point the finger, but very much doubt you would do any better if put int he same situation.

What more can we ask for as a fan of a club than that each season there is at least a realistic chance of promotion? Mels managed that in every season he has been owner, there are many clubs of the same stature as Derby who haven't.

Your slagging him off is way over the top and franlly pathetic - by all means criticise, but to say he hasn't been good for the club or doesn't have its best interests at heart is laughable.

Angry has a point here definitely

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)