+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone Match/Roll Call Blah Blah

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    have always said YES !!! personally think he is a class act, just needs a wee break and more game time, think we should be pulling out all the stops to keep him, Christie (Timothy wont want to deal with us and price it out of our purse) But Greg Stewart is one that we can afford and he is a class act

COYR
    I doubt very much either will be here next season. Christie I'm not too bothered about as he only rarely shows us what he can do and there has been little evidence of that recently although better at times today. Stewart is the more realistic one to stay but I always get the feeling that DM doesn't really rate him otherwise he would have had more opportunities. Hopefully someone decent will come in to get the best out of May and Rooney. GMS is not that man either.

Always had high hopes for Stewart. Looked very unfit at the start of the season but I don't think he's had a fair crack of the whip.

On a side note, just heard a bloke on the radio interviewing Brendan Rogers and asking him if blew a sigh of relief at hearing the sevco score. At least Richard Gordon reminded him that it's actually the Dons who are their closest threat.
    Last edited by Red_Don; 31-03-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Yes especially as McLean/Christie away. Lovely player to watch.
    Stewart is a very clever player. Plays with the ball very close to him and keeps possession well. Not sure we will keep him though, especially with McGinn back.

Last game at Pittodrie for a while, at least 3 weeks. Hopefully Spring does arrive and the pitch gets better.

St. Johnstone were absolute dross today. Only looked better when their no. 28 came into midfield. Two hard away games coming up, I would take 4 points right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    . Two hard away games coming up, I would take 4 points right now.
    Hopefully Hearts win tomorrow so Motherwell cannot make top 6 and our game on Tuesday means less to them ahead of the semi final.
    Then beat Hearts next week to be 3-6 points ahead of SevCo ahead of the split.

Our finishing was clinical today which hasn't always been the case this season.

Christie, May and Stewart all looked very sharp, even O'Connor looked solid at the back.

It was also encouraging to see us leave GMS and Christie up when defending corners.

Took a while to get going but once the goal came we were good. Stewart was good and deserved MOM. Always looking for the ball. McLean and Christie did well too

F@cking baltic. See the lunatic in the St Johnstone dug oot with a tshirt all game. Chiel

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Took a while to get going but once the goal came we were good. Stewart was good and deserved MOM. Always looking for the ball. McLean and Christie did well too

F@cking baltic. See the lunatic in the St Johnstone dug oot with a tshirt all game. Chiel
    Agree with you Pacman, first 30 minutes were brutal but coasted after went ahead (like the recent Dundee game). I would also add May to your list of those that did well, maybe I was too quick in writing him off?

Interesting that he put Reynolds on before Arnason when taking off McKenna, hope it was just leftie for leftie rather than any though about Reynolds being nedded for semi final (or maybe Arnason was knackered after being in US with Iceland.

Who would have though we would have beaten StJ by three goals in all three games at start of season?

In answer to the earlier question pretty sure that the Logan header was going in before Stewart made sure

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Who would have though we would have beaten StJ by three goals in all three games at start of season?
    I didn't expect such an easy day today. That's for sure. They are mince

Yeah there so bad they actually improved once foster came on. No sniggering at the back

Weird game today,I never thought we looked threatened but we never got out of second gear yet won 4-1.Good on them though I would never complain after the dons win 4-1,happy days.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast