+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Will we win another match this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post
    Thanks very much G.F. I've heard of all of them except Warner and Marshall..
    Dennis Warner was Rotherham born.
    Apparently he could play right or left back, in season 1954 / 55 he played 7 games......the last 7.

Frank Marshall was born in Sheffield.
    Remember my late father saying he was a skilful wing-half.
    Played for Sheff Utd, Scarbro', Miller's, Scunny, and Donny Rovers.
    Went on to become chief coach at Rovers for 8yrs and then moved to Sweden.

If we can't get 7 points from the 3 home games we don't deserve to make the play-offs.
    Pressure is mounting on all the club's in the top 9, below Blackburn Wigan and Shrewsbury.
    Time to stand up and be counted....take no prisoners. ..
    and above all " don't panic Mr Mannering "

It's often the way Jock as you imply. When a team misses out on something they should've had, they almost inevitably slump the next season.

Unfortunately our slump knew no end and by the end of the decade we were in danger of being relegated. This is when Tom Johnson was appointed manager, his first. He brought in some class players like Alan Kirkman (who is the only player to ever play in all five forward positions for us) and that little dynamo from Brum, Don Weston.

I remember seeing Don race from the halfway line to steer in the only goal against a very strong Liverpool side under the new broom of Shankly. One of the best games I've ever seen us play was when Revie brought Leeds to play us in a night match. They were very intimidating as were their fans, but we battled back from 2-3 down to beat them 4-3. Don Weston scored 2 and played so well that it was inevitable that they would sign him - which alas they did. TJ is one of my favourite Rothm managers but unfortunately for us he had the almost inbred Scots wanderlust and went off to re*****ise Huddersfield.

I went to Leeds Road four times we lost 4 times and never scored a single goal. The worst was 4-0 (could've been 20) in front of 16,000+

***** *****? Never heard of them.

Clever computer though. And funny with it - once you've seen the joke.

Millers 3 Fleetwood 2, Mr Nostradamus
    ... or was the prediction just a light-hearted joke between "like-minded friends" ?
    Last edited by mikemiller; 07-04-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    ... or was the prediction just a light-hearted joke between "like-minded friends" ?
    With Multiple accounts

Onward and Upwards . UTM

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    He will be right next season if we go up,we will never survive in the championship with this team I'm sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post
    I doubt it.

Do we deserve to be in the play-offs? No.

So which teams do?

Shrewsbury
    Plymouth
    Charlton
    Plus one other.

Knowing Evans' jam, it may well be Peterborough. Evans jumped ship at Mansfield imo because he's a treacherous man and knew that the legion of players he brought in weren't good enough. Flitcroft is having to work with Evans' poor collection of players. Mansfield are now 8th and going nowhere.

My mate is an avid Charlton fan and I've been saying to him all season why is your side underachieving so badly? You deserve to be in the Championship more than we do. At last the mad Belgian has gone and an Australian will be the new owner. Plymouth gave everyone a huge start but they are in the top 6 to stay. Our only hope is for Scunny to collapse. Well we have collapsed so why shouldn't they?
    I've re read this pile of crap and once again it's an another ego boosting 'look at my post' headed title.

Well smart arse we have today so am I the last in the landing net to swell your ego by replying to you?

You do post some tripe and that's putting it mildly.

My post the other day seemed to have riled you in some childish manner, remember it?

'Oh for goodness sake what have you started Zil? Stop this stupid campaign. You are 'supposed' to be a Miller. You've now got great fire throwing the towel in' Well if this offended you I'd better hold the real me back for fear of you crying to teacher and getting me banned.

Can't have that can we. I've only got one login name so can't afford a ban.
    Last edited by Brin; 07-04-2018 at 06:07 PM.

According to BRIN I QUOTE "I post only piles of crap", "am An ego maniac", am also "a smart arse", "am childish" a peddler of "tripe", "am stupid", am only "a supposed Miller" , have a svengali-like grip on Great Fire and by implication am a cry baby and "am not who I say I am" (thus am a treacherous liar) and am working on some devious, cunning and Machieavellian plot to get Brin banned from this site."

Is this abuse from Brin or is it yet more abuse from Brin? I suggest it's the latter.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Zilzal; 08-04-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Is it abuse if it's true? 😁

Cayton, you young rascal, it's Brin's paranoia and his bitterness because he's probably spent the Post Office Savings Account that he's had since he was a lad, betting on the mass of players Steve Evans brought in at Mansfield getting promotion. Mansfield have flopped and not even Flitcroft can get them into the top 7. D'oh! says Brin. But what does Mrs Brin say? Guess we'll never know.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast