+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The easter weekend, a year on!

The easter weekend, a year on!

Remember on easter Thursday last season, when we led 0-2 at a doomed looking Wigan team and then Adam Davies showed just why he was slowly losing the plot in goal, at the time. They brought on a striker sub called Nick Powell and he not only scored a hat trick in their eventual 3-2 win, but he did it in about 14 minutes I think. And Davies gifted them at least 2 of their 3 goals.
    Ok our season was fizzling out at the time but that still angers me when teams allegedly dont care anymore when they are heading towards a mid table finish. Why didnt Norwich do the same then recently at our place, although thats as much down to us not finishing teams like that off when we have the chances to.
    Are there any so called 'easy' fixtures left for any of the struggling teams, and who would have bet on Sunderland thrashing Derby away today like that ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 01-04-2018 at 07:04 PM.

Iz Davies thi new scapegoat Acido ?

Can't be doing wi all this negativity abart players and coaching staff darn theear. Get behind 'em !

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Iz Davies thi new scapegoat Acido ?
    Can't be doing wi all this negativity abart players and coaching staff darn theear. Get behind 'em !
    Are you SadBrewer eh SB (same initials of course!), and do you mean the same way you have got behind Jose right from day one ?.
    Call it a scapegoat if you want but the form of both of our keepers is garbage, and no I don't normally like thinking that about any of our players. This is an important part of the team and they are continually letting us down and costing us points and remember, thats why we're in the drop zone again.
    Last edited by Acido; 01-04-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Play Greatorex , season is as good as over ? Geeim a chance , sell Davies ? , Townsend needs to go too , for his own sake , muchi complicado

Who would want to buy them though Roma, knowing their current lack of form and confidence etc. And if we sell are you suggesting Walton and/or Greatorex as our main keepers for next season ?.

Sumdi would buy Davies , Greatorex or Walton inexperienced yes , but int ivvrybody wen starting work ? 2 guddens and need to be given a chance in next few weeks , whats to lose ?

Well if our fate is already sealed by then, I agree put them in for the last 3 games.
    Somebody is asking me on Rotherham mad tonight by the way, about our rich owners intentions, and whether even Lg One is getting harder to come up from these days.

Davis has been crap all season terrible on his near post no confidence to come for a cross no presence in his box can't seem to read the game in front of him.
    Townsend is gone anyway at the end of the season.