+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Accrington Stanley (02.04.18)

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think we are playing exactly the same under Nolan. No silky and attractive passing game, but with a team who in the main will battle to the final whistle. And to say "discounting the Sheridan debacle" is like saying "discounting the defeats, we've been pretty good".
    From when KN took over to the Easter last year compared to the same period this year:
    P W D L Pts
    14 7 3 4 24
    14 4 5 5 17

I'll argue that we are not playing exactly the same, in fact we seem to be afraid to actually play football. Hoof it, time waste, complain at the ref, anything to avoid playing football.

This past 14 games form is lower mid-table. A summer of recruitment with ample notice to which division we'd be playing in, and a January recruitment which according to AH the promise of a better squad at the end of it than at the beginning was achieved.

To the subject of the result, we're a tonking, and I expect Accrington will deliver it. The credits we gained early on in the season are all used up and play-offs are unlikely.

An improvement on last season, yes 'cause we've not been in a relegation fight. A disappointment on what could have been though - and those at the top still have lessons to learn.

AS 4 - Notts 1

Mansfield will lose away at Luton.
    Grimsby will lose away at Wycombe.
    Which makes it imperative that we win away at Accrington if we are to have any hope whatsoever of being in the top 3 at the end. My view, for what it's worth is that we haven't a cat in hells chance of winning away tomorrow. We have nosedived spectacularly away from home in 2018 and I dont expect that to change tomorrow, although i'll be delighted if we do get a result. Only Mansfield losing at Luton will keep us sniffing at the play off places as well.

Attendance 275, with 42 travelling from Nottingham, which begs the question... How can a club with the resources of The Stan make us look mugs. The answer is because they have put a TEAM out on the pitch, and have a front man who knows where the net is.

Weather report from the Trafford centre ...........getting a bit nippy up here , a few miles( ish ) south of Accy but I can smell snow coming. Came up this afternoon through the snake pass and there was quite a bit of the white stuff ( not unusual even in summer )around .I would advise any Notts fan not to come that way tomorrow , that's is the game hasn't already been called off. Still going for a 2-0 win if the game goes ahead.

Weather forecast looking pretty grim, game will be off.

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Well if it is at least I will have had my all you can eat Premier Inn breakfast ,the dog will also get one of the several sausages I have stuffed in a carrier bag a bit sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    If it's similar to how it is in Notts this morning then it'll be off for sure. Absolutely pissing it down.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    If it's similar to how it is in Notts this morning then it'll be off for sure. Absolutely pissing it down.
    Pissing it down here in Manchester and according to the local weather report they have had snow on the M62

If I was coming up from Notts today I would go via the M6

No snow in Accrington overnight - just a bit of rain so you might want to bring an umbrella!

Taken from their twitter account just now.

3-3...Saunders hat-trick.....well it's a little bit different to my usual 3-3 prediction

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast