+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Accrington Stanley (02.04.18)

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    No snow in Accrington overnight - just a bit of rain so you might want to bring an umbrella!

Taken from their twitter account just now.
    Just a bit of rain , its absolutely pissing it down in Manchester still. No inspection planned according to twitter, I hope they have good drainage. My personnel view is that it will be called off.
    Last edited by navypie; 02-04-2018 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Just a bit of rain , its absolutely pissing it down in Manchester still. No inspection planned according to twitter, I hope they have good drainage. My personnel view is that it will be called off.
    We might do better if its like a bog, the hoof ball might work....

I think we could sneak a win as on our day defensively we can be hard to break down and keep a clean sheet. Although a 1-1 draw could be the best we could hope for which I’m going to go for. This is Notts though so it will likely be a win or a thumping.

Also for those wanting a comparison between the second half of last season (under KN and AH) and the two half’s of this season the stats are;

2016/17
    P21, W10, D4, L7, Pts 34 (1.6 points per game)

2017/18 (First Half Season)
    P23, W12, D8, L3, Pts 44 (1.9 points per game)

2017/18 (Second Half Season)
    P17, W6, D5, L6, Pts 23 (1.4 points per game)

So this shows that we had a vast improvement in the second half of last season when KN and AH came into the club. Then the first half of this season we showed automatic promotion form and were 2nd. Currently in the second half of this season we have dropped off to a mid-table 12th position.

Overall when you look at the squad which contains many players that were here in the first half of last season under John Sheridan and were part of our record breaking 10 game losing streak then I think KN has done a good job.

We’ve become victims of our own success because we stormed to 2nd place by Christmas, but have since dropped off to midtable form which is where and why I think some fans are annoyed and frustrated by this.

Ah on Twitter
    Pitch firm and playable atm
    No inspection had been arranged so looking good fellow pies
    3 point in the bank will do nicely

This has got "Game called off at 2pm" written all over it. I,m not risking it.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I was wondering how their pitch stands up to weather like this. If it's like ours I can't see any problems if their weather is like wot we have got now.The forecast for Accrington is "light rain and breezy".

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Overall when you look at the squad which contains many players that were here in the first half of last season under John Sheridan and were part of our record breaking 10 game losing streak then I think KN has done a good job.

We’ve become victims of our own success because we stormed to 2nd place by Christmas, but have since dropped off to midtable form which is where and why I think some fans are annoyed and frustrated by this.
    Frustrated because AH said if we were in a good position at the half way point he would push on and we haven't. Whilst those players got Sheridan on a 10 game losing streak general concensus at the time of their signings were that we'd got some good players. The losing streak was just as likely down to the Sheridan/Trew situation and not all down to the players.

As you've stated, and also my earlier comparison of the first 14 games v the last 14 games, KN is not progressing the team.

Maybe my pessimism will be corrected with a good win today but my gut says no and we'll go further back in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Maybe my pessimism will be corrected with a good win today but my gut says no and we'll go further back in the race.
    If we do get a result, it will completely knacker your whole week up.

Come on You Pies.

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    If we do get a result, it will completely knacker your whole week up.
    Nothing would please me more.

The rain as eased a little but i still think it's looking dodgy. Gonna leave Manchester about 12 for Accy unless we hear anything.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast