+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barnet

Barnet

What can I say?
    Poor game, poor result and awful conditions.

My over-riding memory was when Lowery was brought on - why?
    I'm one of his biggest fans but this was not the game for him against a bunch of 6-foot bruisers sliding around in the mud. Walker would have been a much better option in the circumstances.

But that's not why we lost.
    Gifting 2 pens was the issue. The 1st on review was nailed on, what was Jonah thinking? But the 2nd, after reviewing it 2 or 3 times, becomes clearer to me that George got the ball first. Trouble is, he came in from behind, slid in because it was slippery and the Barnet guy was taken out as a consequence. So you can see why the ref gave it and he only gets the one view. I didn't know whether to feel robbed or not at the time because you just couldn't tell from where we were.

Best players for us?
    Probably Green who had the best chance before the goal, keeper makes a decent save from it, and Perry who I like every time I see him. A good finish from McKirdy from a tight angle too. If anyone thought we had settled for a point after that, then I'd have to disagree. At that stage, I could only see one winner. I just hope we respond on Monday.

Was knackered when I got home, not just because it was a **** day weather-wise and I was relying on public transport, but the pre- and post-match drinking!!! Enjoyed it at the time but I think I'm too old for that game now!! Maybe I'm just out of practice .....

Well I am aware that Jones has a history of commiting stupid fouls in dangerous areas. Have to say I am not surprised by what he did. All in all a very poor result against the bottom side.

Sounded form the commentary that my favourite midfielder was absolutely dreadful when he came on. Coincidence that Barnet went on the offensive then and we ended up losing???????

[QUOTE=ruocul;38842927]

Sounded form the commentary that my favourite midfielder was absolutely dreadful when he came on. /QUOTE]

Whether Lowery was the right substation or not, I listened as well, and they didn’t say anything of the sort.

Sorry I beg to differ. Seems like you not only see what you want, you also hear what you want.