+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT) Rip off car dealers

OT) Rip off car dealers

My car just failed MOT and unfortunately is going to cost me anything between £750- £1000 to fix. So I’m looking for a new car (well I say new but mean used) and because I do my research I know how much cars worth how much they buy them for and decent price to buy unfortunately a lot of car dealers like to make unreasonable amounts of profit.

Anyone know any car dealers who aren't on rip off Britain?

It's going to be a very short list

The Car People seem to work on tight margins and have some decent stock as a rule. I know a number of people who've bought from them and been happy with the experience.

Edit: Just thought I'd better check that what I'd heard personally is more generally found, and it seems it is:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/thecarpeople.co.uk
    Last edited by Lasterman; 31-03-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    The Car People seem to work on tight margins and have some decent stock as a rule. I know a number of people who've bought from them and been happy with the experience.

Edit: Just thought I'd better check that what I'd heard personally is more generally found, and it seems it is:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/thecarpeople.co.uk
    My brother got his car from there two years ago but it looks like they have increased prices since my brother got his

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    My car just failed MOT and unfortunately is going to cost me anything between £750- £1000 to fix. So I’m looking for a new car (well I say new but mean used) and because I do my research I know how much cars worth how much they buy them for and decent price to buy unfortunately a lot of car dealers like to make unreasonable amounts of profit.

Anyone know any car dealers who aren't on rip off Britain?
    Try looking after your car in the first place

Yes you have to be careful who you buy from but that’s their job isn’t it to get the money out of you

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    My brother got his car from there two years ago but it looks like they have increased prices since my brother got his
    Okay. Can't say I've heard good things about any others!

I have bought several cars from the Car People and would certainly recommend them.

I sold mine with we buy any car. Com and then bought my new car without an exchange.

You need a mot certificate though or they won't buy it, so Its no use to you. Sorry.

Bought my car from millers motors parkgate only has a few well selected cars in but all round decent bloke i had a faulty handbrake cable mentioned it to him a few days after warranty expired he told me to have it repaired and send him the bill.
    How many other dealers would do that.

Motorpoint are good from what me and other people have experienced.

There not a big range of Mercedes BMW or audi though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast