+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evo

I don't like the Plymouth momentum , they would be my worry if I were a Miller .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I don't like the Plymouth momentum , they would be my worry if I were a Miller .
    i dont think we should worry about any of the playoff teams. play our own game and we are at lest as good as any around us. the few teams we struggled to cope with were, blackburn. wigan and charlton. hopefully 2 of those 3 will go up auto. charlton have a good passing team but have a sht load of baggage.

5 games between 4 teams with 3 loosers, 2 dont even get the chance to dream, 1 winner

Why worry what will be will be, we ****ed it up to **** bottom of league teams. UTFM!! going no where this season imo.

Been a good season though monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Peterborough may well do better than us in the play-offs, but the team that finishes 3rd will be far better than both of us.
    Correct Jock. Quite often the case that a team who has played consistently well all season like Shrewsbury fail to get promoted but a team with 10 to 15 points fewer does.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    We were the best team in the playoffs though.
    The only time we were second best was at Wembley in the fist half and we were deservedly 0-2 down so we weren't blagging it
    PNE away we were the better team and should have won it. We certainly has more chances than them
    PNE home we were certainly the better side
    Second half and ET Vs Orient was even in terms of quality.
    We missed one pen they missed two
    Against Orient we were by far the better team for much of the game and were unlucky to be 2 down at half time. It just didn't feel like it at the time. Watch the game again and you'll see.

Agreed though, we were the best team in the playoffs back then, at that time.

This time I don't think we are. We've probably peaked and will close out the season with hit and miss form. The 8 point cushion should be enough to see us remain in the playoffs, we will win a couple more games at least, with maybe a draw here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Correct Jock. Quite often the case that a team who has played consistently well all season like Shrewsbury fail to get promoted but a team with 10 to 15 points fewer does.
    I don't know, those three teams are well ahead of the rest and this season all three could go up.

Didn’t over rate Shrewsbury at ours and they snatched the late winner. We beat them at their ground so no I don’t fear them against our lot. Plymouth are the ones who I feel would put up the strongest test.

Late arrivals on the scene will be Portsmouth. Yes we’ve done the double over them but they look a different side now and are peaking at the right time, much like we did on our run in to the play offs.

Yes I agree
    I think Wigan or Blackburn will walk the playoffs if they slip down a bit but Shrews are no big deal.
    Plymouth have serious momentum.

However, I would have thought all teams will not want to play us in the playoffs

The mindset is key in the playoffs in my opinion .

You can see Shrewsbury missing out on automatic on the last day and taking that negativity into the playoffs and missing out .

Yourselves or Plymouth have only really had the playoff positions to challenge and you have a different attitude towards it .

Shrewsbury remind me of Walsall two years go when they missed out on goal difference on the last day and drew ourselves in the playoffs .

We won the first leg at Oakwell 3-0 and it was all over for them , they finished miles in front of us in the league .

It takes something exceptional to win the playoffs after just missing out on automatic promotion .

I can see a Millers v Plymouth final myself looking at the league positions although anything could happen in all fairness .

Plymouth could have 40k at Wembley for the final and you maybe outnumbered 2 to 1 .

I wouldn't worry too much about that as we were in 2005 against Swansea at the Millennium Stadium , even the penalty kicks were taken at the Swansea end and we converted all of em , Swansea missed two .

I'll be watching with interest .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12