+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fair point

Fair point

Sore one to take having been two up of course but over the 90 minutes a fair point really...soft penalty and a well-taken goal after a defensive error for both sides.

Does anyone know whether Main - who was unbelievable - is right or left-footed? He placed the penalty with his right and goes for power from free kicks with his left. A true Andi Brehme - you don't get many of those to the pound anywhere and I can hardly think of another player at our level who has ever done that. A young Ray McKinnon perhaps? Hat-tip to him anyway.

Cadden needs to be yanked from set-piece duty, as another aside, his delivery was chronic time and time again today.

Cheated out of 3 points by a dodgy penalty that never should've been given.

Their penalty was soft, but ours was softer so we can have no complaints in that regard.

Also, the penalty only brought them back to 2-1, yet we stood off Murphy and allowed him to waltz through and pick his spot. No one to blame but ourselves for that.

Their penalty was much weaker I thought - Frear played the ball first though given how clumsily he did it I can understand the ref's decision.

Ours was in the soft but given these days category, much like the pair Celtic got against us in November. If I ruled the (football) world it wouldn't be a penalty but no player is going to stand up in the box if there's the slightest contact from behind. Cadden did well to get it.

We've seen Murphy score exactly like that enough in the past to know it's hard to stop - I thought Dunne's error at the start of the move much more decisive.

Would have settled for a point before a ball was kicked,but after the game think it’s two points dropped.IMO was surprised that Robinson did make a change at halftime as I felt that if Servco were to get back into the game it would be down our left side as Frear was failing time and time to either close his man down or get a foot in leaving the situation that Dunne was often facing two opponents in the first half. Thought the players probably couldn’t give anymore than they did. Curtis Main must have covered every inch of the park today. Have to agree with Handsome_Devil Cadden has to be relieved of free/corner kick duties as his overall ratio is very poor

Ours was a penalty...theirs wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by neillyboy View Post
    Neither was a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by neillyboy View Post
    Correct.

Wasn't sure ours was a pen until I saw the VT from the angle that clearly shows it was!

Frear got the ball in his challenge, and Sevco got away with one there ...

At HT I thought the ref was having a good game - by FT I thought 'oh aye, another waarmer!'

We were saying at half time how good the ref had been. By f*** at full time I was eating my words. The level of refereeing in Scotland is shocking. I wouldn't say they are biased, just plain bad. Saying that, we have been on the wrong end of some screamers this season. Out of all the sides in the division we must surely be the most s*** on of the lot. They say they even themselves out during the course of a season. If that's the case we will some amount of decisions go our way in the run in..... Canny see it though.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)