+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team & matchthread

Put Pardew on gardening leave now the first half was far worse than anything we have seen this season practically every player was playing in the wrong position it was like a like a game of school boy football.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Yeah, I remember him wasn't he a quality striker we once had?

Don't they always come back to bite you....at least somebody had a bit of vision.

Why oh why does Pardew not start with Burke. He is the only one of our shower who displays any pace. Unfortunately, we are endowed with a team of carthorses in midfield. Anyone who starts a premiership game with Nyom deserves to be carted away by the men in white coats!

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I think if we had Chadli & Morrison fit throughout the season, Chadli especially, we would have done better, maybe even survived.
    Chris how many ifs and buts are we allowed.

Fans wanted change, these are the results when you make a change without someone good lined.

To think we survived after that disasterous transfer window when we bought about 11 players like gamboa and Davison.

The management have relegated this team, as it has been managed by true p Rick.

Although relegation is disappointing I am excited at the prospect of a good decent Manager and a squad update that should mean the departure of rondon't.

COYB.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Why oh why does Pardew not start with Burke. He is the only one of our shower who displays any pace. Unfortunately, we are endowed with a team of carthorses in midfield. Anyone who starts a premiership game with Nyom deserves to be carted away by the men in white coats!
    Probably because he runs around like a 'headless chicken'. Yes, he's certainly got pace but his tactical nouse is nil. Give him time though and employ a coach who knows what he's doing and he could become an asset.

Today's first half wasn't just poor, it was shockingly poor!

I've suspected for some time that the white flag has been hoisted and today they left me with no doubt.

There is so much wrong with this team, particularly under the poor, inept management of Alan Pardew, it would leave me typing for a good hour to offer some kind of opinion.

To be brief, Mr Livermore, where the fkcu have you been all season? Never mind upping it a gear or two for the impending World Cup, what about the team that pays you your keep?

Mr Pardew, why did you put Burke on and take off your top goalscorer, the very man his crosses should be intended for? Also, why is refusing to shake your hand a worse crime than nicking a taxi?

This team has serious issues, we knew when we hit 40 points last season but didn't act, it's now caught us up and kicked us firmly in the nads. Our pool of players has been hit with at least three major injuries, leaving us with an average at best bunch to pick from, but are we really THIS bad!? The appointment of a new manager was needed, but Pardew clearly has been a disastrous appointment. A good four games back we should have appointed a replacement, what's gone on we'll never know but relegation has been accepted far too early.

What worries me further is this attitude of, lets go down, re group, and come back stronger, what fckin idiot decided that was a master plan for promotion all of a sudden!? Clubs our size and bigger have and still are in free fall. We are no longer cash rich due to our poor recruitment so fck knows what we're in store for now.

Sorry to say it Junta but I agree with you.

What worries me is that so many seem to think that it is like the boing boing days and we are just automatically going to come back up next year. Some even think we just need to appoint a lower league Manager with no experience and he will just turn it around like Megson or Atkinson did and we will be back up next year.

We are in serious trouble and are not in my opinion equipped to deal with what is going to be needed to be done in the summer. For me we are more likely to go straight through the Championship than to come back up. Even then will that be the floor, goodness only knows.

The people who run this club have failed miserably and most will move on. We the fans are the ones who are going to have to suffer for their ineptitude. Farewell Premier League may see you sometime but not holding my breath that it will be anytime soon.

I have not met anybody who has said we will bounce straight, how could anyone say that under this p Rick as manager.

I would hope that we could be back within 4 years, by which time the parachute payments would have ended.

Personally I don't think Lai will asset strip in order to get his money back as some fear, as he would lose a lot of face, which the Chinese do not like.

If you do some research into why the Chinese are buying football clubs, it is following an edict, for want of a better word, from their president Xi who wants to invest and then take the profits back to China.

Top European clubs like inter and Milan are owned by Chinese, and it is interesting to read that the inter owner is not following the edict is now having problems back in China, which basically means they investigate his finances.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41558125

That's a link to an BBC article I read a while back.

Basically, the Chinese agenda is to make take profit back to China or to gain political influence.

It's got to be the former for us all they would get from Tom Watson would be bill for 2 curries.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)