+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who Was the Booing Aimed At?

Who Was the Booing Aimed At?

The officials for playing too much additional time?

Evans for being Evans?

I did see evans getting some stick at the end of the game as the camera went to him he was turning and clapping our fans behind the dugout. First one side then the other and he was clearly not happy with the replies and waved it away but to the side in between the dugouts he waved it away and then put his fingures to posture 1 - 1.

Prey tell dear chaps!

From the get go Evo and just as bad Raynor were harassing the linesman and 4th officials. Ref got plenty from both as well. Not acceptable but neither was some of the abuse he got from some fans at the end. Guess it was a big tit for tat. Evo knows what he’s doing and his incessant bawling out of individual players was over the top. Some players showed their resentment but no one can argue, he kept them fired up until the very end and they were rewarded with a goal. When they scored all Boro fans Evo, Raynor went ballistic but surely they needed the 3 points?
    Certainly lively with him around. Warney was the complete gentleman and showed a degree of class that Evo just doesn’t have. Does that matter? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    The officials for playing too much additional time?

Evans for being Evans?

I did see evans getting some stick at the end of the game as the camera went to him he was turning and clapping our fans behind the dugout. First one side then the other and he was clearly not happy with the replies and waved it away but to the side in between the dugouts he waved it away and then put his fingures to posture 1 - 1.

Prey tell dear chaps!
    No idea, probably just disappointed West stand regulars.

They’re a touchy lot at the best of times.

I’ll bet a fre household moggies went into hiding when they heard the result

I sit in west stand and I was shouting at the Ref (dont t boo) not for time added (he can justify that I suppose) but for his sh it officiating

I might try and sit in Kop and get thrown out seeing that’s what normally happens there
    Last edited by millertop; 31-03-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Tbf i think it was the heat of the moment which probably leads to the bit of abuse he received having conceding well over added time but i thought he got a great reception before the game like he did when he came back with Leeds and im pretty sure he will again when he comes back again.

Well, if we'd put our chances away then their late goal - and what a great finish it was - would have been irrelevant to the outcome

probably a combo of disappointment and what was a considerable, though understandable, amount of extra time

I think it was at the ref considering the comments that were being made in the stands
    I don't think people accepted the +3 onto the 6mins which was legitimate due to Towell's injury and then walking off at Coppinger pace, a sub and their goal celebration
    To be fair the ref played another 60 / 90 secs after the goal so we had time to win it if we weren't so shellshocked