+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What’s the deal with Bloomer and other disappeared

I've been having a word with FM on this matter. Hopefully I can get certain answers and assurances. 1 of which includes getting the bans rescinded.
    If all goes well, Andy I'll be having a word with you to get some assistance from you.

Hopefully within a week I can report back with some good news.
    Basically it's live and let live, people have a right to join other forums as many as they wish. Although no spamming of other forums here, one can in pms invite people to join. Contribute to both is 1 of my points to FM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    I've been having a word with FM on this matter. Hopefully I can get certain answers and assurances. 1 of which includes getting the bans rescinded.
    If all goes well, Andy I'll be having a word with you to get some assistance from you.

Hopefully within a week I can report back with some good news.
    Basically it's live and let live, people have a right to join other forums as many as they wish. Although no spamming of other forums here, one can in pms invite people to join. Contribute to both is 1 of my points to FM.
    I already offered last week, no reply. That's a bit of an annoyance, suggests FM aren't really that bothered

Edit: The issue might also not just be the technical one of freeing up accounts, there might be a matter of principle here - not sure I'd be especially well-disposed towards an entity that banned me from using it, so maybe the wronged forum users won't be tempted back (as active users, as opposed to 'lurking')
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 16-04-2018 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I already offered last week, no reply. That's a bit of an annoyance, suggests FM aren't really that bothered

Edit: The issue might also not just be the technical one of freeing up accounts, there might be a matter of principle here - not sure I'd be especially well-disposed towards an entity that banned me from using it, so maybe the wronged forum users won't be tempted back (as active users, as opposed to 'lurking')
    Andy...this has been going on for approaching three weeks now and if FM haven’t replied to you or Rom by now, shouldn’t that tell you something?
    The treatment of Roger and Bloomer with their many thousands of posts between them was shameful and I share your doubt as to whether they’d come back anyway but an apology should at least be forthcoming. Then it’s their choice.
    Most regular posters...mac, mista, Swale, MoP, Ram59, me, MA, OTR, Stenson, Adi etc have moved to Bloomer’s new site but still pop over for a more occasional chat on FM.
    There’s only you and Manx of the ‘grown up’ old guard regulars who haven’t moved I think...along with a couple of newbies.
    Nothing wrong with using both sites and I don’t think anyone wishes FM any harm...they were out of order and are paying the price as I see it, but I’m sure you, Manx and the newbies will be welcome. Bloomer’s made a big effort and done a good job, the site is growing, the better discussions are over there now imo and as I say...this isn’t a relationship...you don’t have to end one before starting another.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 16-04-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Erm I just spoke to them on Friday I think and got a reply stating the person in charge was on leave until today. So let's wait a bit.
    Not sure if everything will be resolved, just a wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Erm I just spoke to them on Friday I think and got a reply stating the person in charge was on leave until today. So let's wait a bit.
    Not sure if everything will be resolved, just a wait and see.
    Rom...just out of interest...what makes you so important and influential? I did actually appreciate many of your contributions when I was more regular on here but, at the end of the day...aren’t you just a Forest fan who’s emigrated and enjoys this site more than the Nottingham equivalent? Good luck an’all but why should ‘they’ take more notice of you than anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Andy...this has been going on for approaching three weeks now and if FM haven’t replied to you or Rom by now, shouldn’t that tell you something?
    The treatment of Roger and Bloomer with their many thousands of posts between them was shameful and I share your doubt as to whether they’d come back anyway but an apology should at least be forthcoming. Then it’s their choice.
    Most regular posters...mac, mista, Swale, MoP, Ram59, me, MA, OTR, Stenson, Adi etc have moved to Bloomer’s new site but still pop over for a more occasional chat on FM.
    There’s only you and Manx of the ‘grown up’ old guard regulars who haven’t moved I think...along with a couple of newbies.
    Nothing wrong with using both sites and I don’t think anyone wishes FM any harm...they were out of order and are paying the price as I see it, but I’m sure you, Manx and the newbies will be welcome. Bloomer’s made a big effort and done a good job, the site is growing, the better discussions are over there now imo and as I say...this isn’t a relationship...you don’t have to end one before starting another.
    thanks RA but I'll hang around a while yet, I did use the phrase same sh*t different bucket and it just seems that 'the other side' has a slightly bigger bucket at the mo, neither are exactly overrun with posts are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    thanks RA but I'll hang around a while yet, I did use the phrase same sh*t different bucket and it just seems that 'the other side' has a slightly bigger bucket at the mo, neither are exactly overrun with posts are they?
    Not sure about that analogy Andy...if they’re both **** why bother with either? One’s certainly a lot busier than the other though...but your choice...except there is no need to choose, one doesn’t preclude the other...except for those who’ve been banned of course.
    Jeez, and I thought I was stubborn.

Some Derby Mad fans on here are like some of the players, no togetherness and no commitment! Although we're sheep we shouldn't all follow as some sheep have minds of their own.

Egypt. "Some sheep have minds of their own " Yes that's why we go on what sites WE want to not what some try to tell us

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Rom...just out of interest...what makes you so important and influential? I did actually appreciate many of your contributions when I was more regular on here but, at the end of the day...aren’t you just a Forest fan who’s emigrated and enjoys this site more than the Nottingham equivalent? Good luck an’all but why should ‘they’ take more notice of you than anyone else?
    That's a very good question for you to ask, not a very good question for me to answer!

#SirAnthonyEden

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)