+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: The gaffer

Have to admit I wasn’t his biggest fan but with a game to go we’re already 6 points better off than last season. For the budget he receives he’s actually doing very well. Just a shame our home form wasn’t better this season as we would definitely be in a playoff place imo

Let’s get behind him and Queens again next season

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    Have to admit I wasn’t his biggest fan but with a game to go we’re already 6 points better off than last season. For the budget he receives he’s actually doing very well. Just a shame our home form wasn’t better this season as we would definitely be in a playoff place imo

Let’s get behind him and Queens again next season

scooby alot on here are missing the point why fans want him out and why lots of the fans have voted on there feet to stay away ,its not about overall how many points hes scored in the league ,its about his styles of play throughout the season its been like watching paint dry for most the games ,there has been the odd few games its looked alot better but there too few and far between to keep fans happy ,id rather see queens trying to play a slick skilful style of football and get beat trying than what iv witnessed this season .unless he changes to suit what the public want to see and is given a decent budget to make it happen then we are going to be stuck with low crowds .

Francis, once again you fail to grasp the nettle of common sense.......is it too painful?

Increasing the budget does not maketh a better manager, - if that were the case Mourinho should have walked the premier league in England.

Queens cannot compete with the elite in terms of budgets, - but what we can ask of our manager is to change their managing style to make the best of decent players.

Saturday's match was a clear example, and let us not forget that Dundee Utd were fighting for a place in the top 4, - where we trounced the opposition by being in their faces from the off. Livingston are the other example, - who have worse crowds than us, yet they are in 2nd place!

Please stop bleating about increasing the budget, it nearly bankrupted the club and if it wasn't for THIS BOD putting their hands in their own pockets, - we wouldn't be here discussing Queens fortunes at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    scooby alot on here are missing the point why fans want him out and why lots of the fans have voted on there feet to stay away ,its not about overall how many points hes scored in the league ,its about his styles of play throughout the season its been like watching paint dry for most the games ,there has been the odd few games its looked alot better but there too few and far between to keep fans happy ,id rather see queens trying to play a slick skilful style of football and get beat trying than what iv witnessed this season .unless he changes to suit what the public want to see and is given a decent budget to make it happen then we are going to be stuck with low crowds .
    I'll hold you to that - we are in the results game and the majority of fans will take a scrappy win and stay top of the league than playing silky football and getting humped. You mentioned before you don't like the ball being hoofed up the field but this is exactly what a lot of fans want.

We have to be realistic at this level that silky level football is a rarity and the Alloa v Ayr game was a classical example - Queens have nothing to fear from the latter next season.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Francis, once again you fail to grasp the nettle of common sense.......is it too painful?

Increasing the budget does not maketh a better manager, - if that were the case Mourinho should have walked the premier league in England.

Queens cannot compete with the elite in terms of budgets, - but what we can ask of our manager is to change their managing style to make the best of decent players.

Saturday's match was a clear example, and let us not forget that Dundee Utd were fighting for a place in the top 4, - where we trounced the opposition by being in their faces from the off. Livingston are the other example, - who have worse crowds than us, yet they are in 2nd place!

Please stop bleating about increasing the budget, it nearly bankrupted the club and if it wasn't for THIS BOD putting their hands in their own pockets, - we wouldn't be here discussing Queens fortunes at all!

yes jardi i agree with what you say ,but its not myself im talking about here its the fans that have walked away voting with there feet im talking about ,queens aint going to attract anymore than the faithful with this sort of attitude its plain and simple ,its a question of how to attract the fans back that have voted with there feet ,thay aint going to come back through sympathy for the clubs bank balance plight .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 24-04-2018 at 11:27 AM.

these fans dont see queens or have the love of queens like the faithful supporters ,so try thinking from there point of view on what thay want to see happen to attract them to watch queens .

Francis, with respect, the performance on Saturday afternoon is precisely what has been missing for one helluva long time at Palmerston, - but as far as I'm aware, - there was no sudden injection of cash or loan players parachuted in for the occasion?

What we witnessed was the same bunch of players who have farted about all season suddenly giving their all in the match and that is all that the paying punter needs.

Lets be honest, I'd seen more effort on the beach in a kickabout after a couple of pints than I'd seen from the Queens players at the ICT match, - and that is precisely what is preventing people from giving up their Saturday afternoon and their hard earned cash.

Passion, 100% effort and a will to win will always triumph over those not willing to give those pre-requisites, and that is what we should all be demanding from Queen of the South.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Francis, with respect, the performance on Saturday afternoon is precisely what has been missing for one helluva long time at Palmerston, - but as far as I'm aware, - there was no sudden injection of cash or loan players parachuted in for the occasion?

What we witnessed was the same bunch of players who have farted about all season suddenly giving their all in the match and that is all that the paying punter needs.

Lets be honest, I'd seen more effort on the beach in a kickabout after a couple of pints than I'd seen from the Queens players at the ICT match, - and that is precisely what is preventing people from giving up their Saturday afternoon and their hard earned cash.

Passion, 100% effort and a will to win will always triumph over those not willing to give those pre-requisites, and that is what we should all be demanding from Queen of the South.
    And let’s be realistic , the budget will most probably be cut next season because of lower crowds and let’s not forget we lost over £100,000 the last finical year

This BOD’s will not let the club get in to the mess it was before. Remember the SAVE OUR SOUTH campaign Francis

There were two supporters from Portsmouth sitting behind me on Saturday. I told them to keep attending as this was only our 5th home league win of the season.

It's not the budget that's been the problem it's Naysmiths tactics which have been stinking. Negative home form.

Eg:

Dobbie up front on his own - Rankin and Jacobs playing together - young keeper thrown in at the deep end - Dykes out wide instead of through the middle - continual in game formation changing - inconsistent starting 1st team - need for a solid right back.

When he gets it right ,(Saturday) we are a different team.
    It's not the quality of the players. We have a decent squad who can beat anyone on their day.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)