+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The gaffer

Naysmith, if nothing else, is extremely honest when it comes to his post match interviews and has said previously that he is a relative novice to management making errors but is still learning the trade. Well now is the time to show us all that he has actually learnt from his previous mistakes and is prepared to change the style of play especially at home. He certainly talks a good game but now is the time for action and adopt a more attacking formation from the start of each and every home game regardless of the league opposition rather than being forced into these changes when it is too late and the game is beyond us.

How many players has he brought in since Christmas? It must be pushing on for half a team and yet we're still no better off so using a lack of budget isn't really a excuse.

The only time I seen Naysmith shouting was after losing the first goal after the throw in.

Not sure Queens should make any decision until the league campaign is finished but they can’t ignore falling crowds

Quote Originally Posted by nunez View Post
    Not sure Queens should make any decision until the league campaign is finished but they can’t ignore falling crowds

we need it sorted now as by end of the season the way things are going mr naysmith and his naive tactics are going to cost queens 100s of thousands in league prize monies ,alot more cost than just sacking him now .

Name:  58FFDF3A-B9A2-4C27-BF7A-17A9666E5E26.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  7.6 KB

Name:  FB714C03-3586-4200-9357-309C41A56601.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  12.4 KB

You mention that Naysmith is extremely you honest I'm not sure if that is not just "Lip Service"
    How many times dies he say Dougie and I have looked at ourselves to see if it's something they have done wrong , followed by a reason why it isnt there fault ,
    The last interview showed that as he quickly followed up with " but no it was individual mistakes"
    Has he ever admitted that his permanent signings have underperformed , that he is not tactically aware, that he can't get the best out of the players at the club.
    Of course he's going to say he feels they could do better ,because if he doesn't it simply means it's as good as he can give ,which is not good enough.
    He's abmitious and from what I've heard ruthless, I'm night sure that anyone has left thd club have left in good terms with him ie Hammil, Anderson Higgins,Dowie, Robinson,Hilson.
    I doubt any have been placed with a anyone better.
    How many players that he inherited have improved since he came in ?
    He clears out experienced players and plays the younger ones and mentions that we are are young side, you can't really hide behind that if you've created the situation.
    The only players that have played well are the loanees from higher level clubs and Dobbie.
    Imo he's very lacking in all areas and doesnt appear to be an inspiring person to be around.
    I can't see things changing unless he manages to get a good bunch of loanees for next season which to me isn't the right approach

Quote Originally Posted by newby View Post
    You mention that Naysmith is extremely you honest I'm not sure if that is not just "Lip Service"
    How many times dies he say Dougie and I have looked at ourselves to see if it's something they have done wrong , followed by a reason why it isnt there fault ,
    The last interview showed that as he quickly followed up with " but no it was individual mistakes"
    Has he ever admitted that his permanent signings have underperformed , that he is not tactically aware, that he can't get the best out of the players at the club.
    Of course he's going to say he feels they could do better ,because if he doesn't it simply means it's as good as he can give ,which is not good enough.
    He's abmitious and from what I've heard ruthless, I'm night sure that anyone has left thd club have left in good terms with him ie Hammil, Anderson Higgins,Dowie, Robinson,Hilson.
    He clears out experienced players and plays the younger ones and mentions that we are are young side, you can't really hide behind that if you've created the situation.
    The only players that have played well are the loanees from higher level clubs and Dobbie.
    Imo he's very lacking in all areas and doesnt appear to be an inspiring person to be around.
    I can't see things changing unless he manages to get a good bunch of loanees for next season which to me isn't the right approach
    Can’t really argue with that Newby. You make some excellent points especially the one about players not leaving on good terms

Quote Originally Posted by newby View Post

Hammil was just about passed it.
    Anderson received nothing but pelters from the fans.
    Most were wanting shot of Dowie and Higgins (we're no better off without them imo)
    Robinson was always a lose firework AND again fans were getting fed up of his show boating and inability to kick a ball between the park.
    Hilson was rubbish !!

Kerr and Baird left on bad terms as well and they weren't under Naysmith.

I wouldn't say we're a particulary young team. We have a decent balance. In fact he's destroyed the youth set up. No young players breaking through at all now! He's got shot of most of the hopefulls.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)